Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Morning Has Broken Beautifully . . . .




This morning's photos are scenes I snap several times a year, but on this Wednesday, May 7, 2014,  they all have their own uniqueness.  

It's a gorgilious morning, and we must enjoy the day as there's more rain a-comin.  Mother Nature may do some ugly stuff to our plans, but every once in a while, her efforts turn out pretty darned nice. 

Today is one of those. 

That top photo reminds me a lot of the many scenes we saw in Ireland.  The past week or so Jim Taylor has done some limbing from trees on the Lockwood place.  

His eventual burn pile simply adds to the bucolic nature of his pasture just north of the Lockwood farm buildings.  Twas lovely this morning as I walked with a little more snap in my step, thanks to the sunshine and blue sky.

When I returned, I had to snap a photo of the line-up of color leading to and proceeding down the deck.  That new roof creates some different lighting in comparison to the harsh sunshine that used to beat down on the deck during the morning hours.

We had mornings last year where the deck felt like an oven.  This year I'm figuring morning relaxation in those chairs will be just right. 

The last photo---yes---is a common perspective featured on my blog postings, but I don't think I've ever mentioned that it's the view from our upstairs bathroom window. 

Now, how many bathrooms offer that lovely scene while doing one's duty?  Of course, the men have it easy, while we women can still enjoy it while zipping and buttoning up our jeans. 

This view far exceeds the one that used to be my favorite in the last stall of the women's restroom at Cedar Street Bridge.  Since those days of racing to that stall for both relief and a lovely view, maintenance folks have put stuff on the window which kind of obstructs the view of Sand Creek, the new byway and the railroad track. 

It's not nearly so fun any more, and if I have to settle for a middle stall, so be it.  I can always come home and enjoy my own restroom with a view. 

On this Wednesday morn, I'm thinking I'll see Mike and/or Mary as they hit town last night after two months in Houston.  Bill saw them unloading their van at the Thompson cabin after he had finished his gig of teaching about trees to the Master Naturalist class yesterday afternoon. 

Also, as a proud mom, I want to mention that William E. Love III aka Dr. Love enjoyed an honor Monday night.  He and Debbie attended the North Idaho Academic Stars banquet in Coeur d'Alene where the top male and female seniors from each school receive honors AND they each invite a teacher who has made a difference in their lives.

Tyson Bird, a truly outstanding senior at SHS and Cedar Post editor, chose Willie.  As a mother and a former teacher, I'm beyond proud that Willie has made such an impact at Sandpoint High, and he's only just begun (five years there this year). 

Pretty cool.  Congratulations to Willie and Tyson. 

It was neat to see some other former students who were involved with the banquet.  In one case the daughter of Marcy Long Seymour was honored, and she chose her father, an English teacher, to join her.

I'm not quite sure who all in Lori Book Weiler's contingent was there for an award, but they attended the banquet too.  I'm guessing her hubby Frank who teaches at Priest River High School.  And, I'm sure Lori (from the old neighborhood) will let me know the details.

Congrats to both families.  I'm sure it was a wonderful evening for all concerned. 

Guess that's enough for now.  Outdoors is calling.  Green bean seeds will go in the ground today and maybe the corn next week.  Garden progress is happening gradually.

Happy Wednesday. 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see the bee trap is out already on your deck.... seems the yellowjackets are plentiful and early this year - had hoped we would have some relief after last year's over-abundance.

Anonymous said...

we had one in our mailbox yesterday. my traps are out too.