Sunday, June 01, 2014

Just Sunday Stuff




Meserve Preserve








On this Sunday morning, I am feeling very thankful to Mike at Image Maker for taking a few moments of his time to help me continue my daily passion with my Canon camera.

I have learned in the digital age of SLR cameras that they have very sensitive sensors.  Those little components inside the camera do not like lens changing especially when a klutz like me is at the controls.
 
Seems the tiniest of particles find their way to the sensor during this process, leading to great big black spots/zits on most photos that follow. Only way to take care of this problem is to clean the sensor.
 
In my case, I spend money to have the sensor cleaned, but when the problem surfaced fewer than two months after the last cleaning, I decided to order my own kit to do the job.  Try as I might, I still couldn’t get that pesky particle off the sensor, and I was afraid that it was permanently damaged.

That put me----a person who considers her camera an extra appendage---in a bad mood.  Yesterday I was prepared to buy a new camera---one that has the built-in sensor cleaner.  I called Mike.

He said to bring my camera down and he’d take a look at it.  He called me later and said, “You’re camera’s ready.”  He found that spot and with his up close and personal equipment was able to remove it----no charge.

Thank you SO much, Mike!

I felt a Heavenly bliss while walking out the door with a camera once again ready to satisfy my daily needs to capture fun images along my way.
 
First photo taken symbolizes a sad story for Sandpoint----tangible evidence that the Coldwater Creek presence which has dominated our community for nearly 30 years will soon fade away, as it is doing across the nation.

Later, I just went around taking pictures because I could with the knowledge of no big black zits ruining them. So, the photos above satisfied my needs last night AND no spots.
The sky was putting out some rather artistic shapes and colors as little squalls of raindrops pleasantly interrupted a day of comfortable sunshine.

I walked through Bill’s forest, as did Foster, and while heading up the trail to the house, I noticed something to my left, something staring back and me, not making a move.

“C’mon, dogs,” I said, thinking, “so this is where the baby fawn will start out its life this year.”  Later, I went back and the mother-to-be had left.  I have a feeling she’ll be back, and then we’ll have to keep dogs and horses away from that spot.

In the barnyard, Lily was still recovering and relaxing from several hours in the pasture.  Her belly was full and she was too tired to do much of anything but stand there looking around.

The azaleas were taken Friday with my cell phone.  It seemed to me that those gorgeous blossoms next to my mother’s house had almost formed a heart, symbolically saying the “Love’s have arrived in Mother’s house.”
 
I think the azalea is just plain happy now that Willie and Debbie will be occupying that structure and once again bringing it alive with their presence.  One thing for sure, it IS beautiful this year.

Back at the Lovestead, Lori of Lippert Farming will be here this morning to spray our pastures and hayfield for weeds.  It will be so nice to see just grass and no tansy this year, especially in the hay which she will cut in several weeks.

In other news, stay tuned for Portuguese tidbits as Annie embarks on yet another adventure today. She’s flying from Seattle to Lisbon this evening, arriving sometime tomorrow.  

She will spend the first part of her visit at a Portuguese resort where she tells me kayaking will be on the schedule.

Later, she’ll attend a geocaching event and return June 11.  Should be lots of great photos and stories, as usual.  SAFE TRAVELS, Precious!

And so, we have arrived at June.  From the looks of activities ahead, it will zip by quickly, and with luck, I’ll be capturing lots of “spotless” photos as events unfold.


Life is good.  Happy Sunday. 

2 comments:

Word Tosser said...

in the black and white type picture.. with a green circle in it.. it seems to have a tiny yellow area.. and with my tired eyes.. it looks like a green angry bird... what is that?

Word Tosser said...

I figured it out.. it is a deer...and the ears look like Angry Bird eyes.. lol