Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tuesday Twitterdeepitterdeepatter














For the record:  it’s raining today, and it’s gonna rain all day.  Ugh!

Also, I’d like Nestles to know that I would be willing to pay more if they would include the same number of mini marshmallows in their hot chocolate pouches as they did a year ago.  

The other day I counted 9 whole marshmallows.  The next day’s pouch had 12.

Nothing like bringing back the past, but used to be that the mini marshmallows in Nestles packets covered the whole top of the coffee cup when I made my morning lattes.

I also noticed yesterday that Twix candy bars don’t take up as much room inside their packages as in the past. 

Bottom line:  if we’re gonna pay more for chips, marshmallows and candy bars, please maintain the same quality and quantity.

Not that anyone listens, but at least I’ve got it off my chest.  Every morning these days when the froth on my latte doesn’t even last until I get to the top of the stairs, I groan.

Meanwhile, In the WHY I LIKE MY NEW LENS department, Mama Cow and Mr. or Mrs. Town Squirrel can vouch for the fact that the lens is worth its salt. 

Mama Cow must not like having her picture taken, especially when she’s been rubbing in the dirt, but she looked pretty cute as I passed by her pasture yesterday.

I’m also gonna talk about  why it was a good day in Seattle yesterday, but first I must discuss Mr. Town Squirrel.  

To backtrack a little, Todd and Brooke (the grandpups) ran away at the same time yesterday after I said "Damn" when the weed eater wouldn't start.
  
These two escapees never go the same direction. 

Since I’m now accustomed to the fact that Brooke always heads to Wes and Alicia’s where the Yaks live  and comes back in ten minutes, I wasted no time looking for Todd.

“All dogs report!” I yelled as my three headed obediently to the garage---Kea, hanging her head in disgust as she always does when Mom discovers the grandpups have left the Lovestead one more time.

I backed the car out of the driveway and spotted a car and a dog down on the corner of South Center Valley and Selle Roads. 

Todd hadn’t gotten far.  The driver in the car got out and was walking toward Todd.  As soon as he saw me, he came toward the Suburu. 

My neighbor Helen Baker Williams (who watches after all neighborhood pets) had attempted to rescue Todd from his latest escape when he escaped her grasp by slipping out of his collar.

He jumped right into the Suburu, as he usually does, and Helen and I visited. 

Later, after putting Todd in the garage with the others, I saw Brooke return to the yard. 
“Well, she’s done her escape for the day, so I can go on with my weed eating,” I thought. 

Well, when I had finished-----no sign of Brooke.  I called and called, shocked that she had vanished twice in one day.  That’s not Brooke’s usual MO.

A bit flabbergasted but still hopeful, I walked around to the front of the house, thinking maybe Brooke had found Festus (the cat) on the deck.

Nope BUT she had found the town squirrel in the poplar tree just south of the deck.  

No amount of luring was gonna get Brooke away from watching that squirrel, until “Biscuit Time,” that is.  Surprisingly, all five dogs like biscuits better than staring at squirrels.

So, with dogs safely confined in the run, I came in to watch USA play in the World Cup Soccer Match.

Only problem was----a distraction at the living room window just left of the television.  Mr. or Mrs. Town Squirrel had found the bird feeder.

So, of course, with new lens close by, I snapped several pictures, and, yes, I LOVE my new lens.

Just like the dogs and their biscuits, though, yesterday I could be lured away from squirrel watching the moment the USA team filed onto the field, each holding hands with a child, as is the custom at the matches.

I checked to see if Annie had made it back to her office in Seattle in time to watch the match.  Sure enough she had, and I knew she and her friends were probably pretty pleased watching former Seattle Sounder goalie Kasey Keller do the commentating.

The magic moment for Seattle-ites and the USA came just 30-something seconds into the match when Seattle Sounder Clint Dempsey kicked the sixth fastest goal in World Cup history.

I’m sure the 12th men and women in Seattle could be heard clear to Brazil.

Anyway, Town Squirrel continued to eat from the feeder while I sat transfixed for almost two hours, watching the match.  What a win that was for the USA and those proud folks in Seattle!

Later, the Mariners had a big night, winning their baseball game 5-1.
And, finally, Annie, who had left here at 7 a.m. topped off her day with her victorious softball team.

So, it was a happy day for a squirrel, for me, the picture taker; for Annie and her Seattle friends and for the USA Soccer team. 

All of those good thoughts still don't make me happy about today's rain, but some days are diamonds, some days are rain. 

And, rainy days make the diamond days oh so sweet.


Happy Tuesday. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice squirrel shots! Makes 'em look intelligent...maybe they are! :-)

MJB

Anonymous said...

"In order to serve you better" the size is decreased, the price is increased. Makes me really mad.

LOVE the pictures with the new lens. I will have to think about getting Rick one.

Janet