Monday, August 11, 2014

Fun Fotos at the Art Fair

A very good friend, indeed! Now, did I spell everything correctly????

We’re preparing for yet another water outage.  

This one’s scheduled to begin at 8:30 and last for six hours, so my schedule after blog time involves some hurry-up and get those plants a good drink.

I hope this is the last outage; it will mark the fifth one in the past few weeks.

We’re also preparing to deal with another 100-degree day, at least, that’s what the Spokane forecast says.  I actually saw one prediction (for Sandpoint) that said 104.  That may be a little be more speculation than reality.  At least, I hope so.

Today is Willie and Debbie’s 13th anniversary, and they’ve got extra reasons to celebrate.  The Pend Oreille Arts Council annual Arts and Crafts Fair at City Beach appears to be a success.

Thanks to a helpful group of veterans, especially “outlaw” Judy Thompson and her team, Debbie was able to learn the ropes of this giant community event.  We all so appreciate Judy and Laurel and Pam and the gang, and we’re thrilled for Debbie that it came off so well.

So, Happy Anniversary, Willie and Debbie, and congratulations for a great weekend of fun for all.

I’m including some photos taken during my two visits yesterday.  Bill and I went in the late afternoon and came home with some neat metal art, compliments of the talents of the Bartlett family from Twin Falls:  a very nice family and SO talented.

Yesterday’s visits included a sighting of my “editor” Helen and her hubby Skip.  We talk a lot on the phone or via email, but we don’t SEE each other often, so I had to snap a quick photo.

My sister-in-law Mary came over from DuPont, Wash., to do her usual volunteering, as did my niece Laura (from Plummer) and my outlaw buddy Rose Marie.

Laura’s husband Sefo was happy to purchase a back of the carmel corn, and I saw one friend who participated in the belly dancing toward the end of the fair.

The Scollon twins---hmmm, I’m betting it’s been 20 years since I saw them.  So, of course, I had to document the situation, complete with their mom and dad and a friend.  Those boys have gone the Hollywood route and seem to be having great adventures in their careers.

Melissa Wilson, who grew up in Sandpoint but lives in Boise where she’s very involved with the arts scene, walked past, so I snapped a photo of her with Debbie who grew up in Boise but lives in Sandpoint and is very involved with the arts.  It was great to see Melissa.

Lots of good visiting, good food and great entertainment along with the dozens of booths filled with high quality art----that was the POAC Arts and Crafts Fair, and it looks like the future is good!

Happy Monday.  Enjoy the photos. 

Rose Marie, Laura and Mary

Sefo, ready for some caramel corn. 


POAC board president Pam with staff assistant Kaori and Debbie, ex. director. 
Doug and Marty put out some great tunes. 


Chillin' to the music
Local musician Doug Bond
Good food, good listening. 


The Scollons, plus two. 
Debbie and Melissa

Jan Sletager and I go back a year or two. 

Greg and Barbara metal artists from Twin Falls, left and second from right, with Kaori and Debbie.  


Belly Dancers strolling the grounds.  That one on the left was a Ponderette, if I remember correctly. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Debbie and the POAC crew - great festival. You obviously stayed longer than we did, Marianne, as the only people we saw that we knew besides you and the POAC group under the welcoming tent were our across-the-street neighbors Mike and Teresa! Helen