Sunday, August 10, 2014

All in a Day . . . .


















In the "This Just In" department, Annie just posted this photo of a jumping competition where she's visiting in The Netherlands. 


This Sunday has already started out nicely with the discovery of a cucumber almost ready for plucking near the barn and with the sight of my neighbor Janice browsing through her garden and greeting me with the news that she was enjoying her breakfast of fresh blueberries straight from the bush.

This brisk fall-like air of this lovely morning won’t last, as we’re headed for another brief heat wave, starting this afternoon.

As I walked along the dirt road and reminded myself virtually every step of the way why I love this neighborhood, I thought about yesterday and why I have always loved living in Sandpoint where we’re essentially one big family who love to spread the love.

The images above may give a hint to those thoughts.  

All and many more made for a glorious Saturday and to think my experiences would count for but a tiny blip in the big scheme of things going on here over this weekend.

That’s how it is during the summer smorgasboard here.  We must pick and choose, but whatever we select as our personal indulgences, the satisfaction is most often divine.

Enjoy!


No comments: