Friday, August 15, 2014

The Sale

I recognize most of the faces from this vinyl album which will be included in our arena/yard sale at Tibbs Arabians, beginning at 8 a.m. this morning.

The album is unopened and just waiting for someone (with a record player, of course) to rip off the cellophane and listen to some of Sandpoint's best-known musicians providing a little Idaho flavor or maybe just their unique talents.

Amazing what treasures are found when pawing through the piles.  

I don't know if my sister Barbara or I could share the most stories associated with this saddle, but I do know that it took us both through some great times on the back of a horse.

I purchased it---brand new and straight from Hereford Saddlery via Boots Belote nearly 50 years ago. 

The purchase itself provided one of the better tales where two well-known horse traders decided which saddle was best for Marianne whose sole input was to write the check and hope for the best.

I didn't worry too much because both Boots and Harold had been around the block a time or two with horses and saddles. 

My fondest memory of that session around our kitchen table was watching the two of them talk at the same time, barely listening to what the other was saying. 

Both of them were classic talkers and they did okay picking out a saddle for me. 

Barbara has good memories of all the 4-H championships she won while riding that saddle. 

Anyway, the saddle and the record are just two of the many items we've hauled and put on display at my sisters' indoor arena.


I'll be selling and autographing my three books (Pocket Girdles, Postcards from Potato Land and Lessons with Love) too---for a good price!


So, when 8 a.m. comes, we're ready for the BIG SALE, which includes stuff/treasures from the Tibbs Ranch, the Lovestead and the Young Loves aka Willie and Debbie.  

Happy Friday


Sale today and tomorrow from 8-4 p.m.
Tibbs Arabians--HWY 95-Center Valley Road. 

No comments: