Thursday, September 04, 2014

Silver Linings Aplenty!










I put sheets over some of my tomatoes last night after hearing on KHQ TV that frost could occur in some places.  

Fingers crossed that when I go out this morning the fragile vine plants have survived and that the next few days of lovely, warmer weather will give 'em a chance to reach their full potential---for North Idaho, that is.


Hate to see the cukes go this early.  We've been enjoying an abundance of cucumber and 'mater slices with ranch dressing with our dinners for several days now.  


I peeked under the vines yesterday and discovered that a few more are out there doing their best to reach maturity.


 Update:  I’ve since gone outside to discover that a welcome cloud cover overnight saved all my vine plants.

Thank you, Mother Nature!

And, many thanks for the drenching and cleansing rain which you provided throughout the day yesterday.  

The steady downpour not only gave flowers and veggies a satisfying drink, but it also created some magical outdoor scenes for photographing. 

After taking a drive to Bonners Ferry yesterday afternoon and stopping off at McArthur Reservoir to take some photos, the best stuff was yet to come, right out in the back yard.

Well, the front yard scene was kinda fun too, as Mama Deer and her twins must have been watching me earlier and surmised I'd be gone for a while.  

So, as I drove into the driveway, they were all standing in the front yard, with Mama looking just a bit guilty. 

She did stick around long enough for me to aim my camera, and then she was off with the babies not far behind her. 

It was still raining when I parked the car and brought in some groceries, but once that was completed, a brilliant sun and some blue sky broke through the cloud mass. 

Wetness everywhere turned instantly beautiful, especially the asparagus plants and the plum tree.

The rain seems to have gone away, opening the way for a pleasant and pretty weekend for us to entertain our friend Mow. 

Moments like yesterday afternoon's sun break remind us of the promised silver lining in virtually every cloud.  And, the linings yesterday were exquisite.

Happy Thursday.  GO SEAHAWKS!


No comments: