Sunday, October 26, 2014

Lawnmower Images




Taking photos was not on the agenda yesterday.  Nor was lawn mowing.

I figured we were due for a blustery and comparatively ugly day. 

Turned out to be beautiful most of the time. 

So, rather than sticking around to watch the rest of the all-important Sounders match vs. Los Angeles Galaxy on national TV and even with Annie sitting in the third row back in her supporters' section (same section where Sounders owner Drew Carey of "The Price Is Right:fame sat), Bill decided to head out for the Moyie for more fishing.

He tries to do that as often as possible in the fall.  

I figured I was just gonna watch more TV than usual, and I did watch every minute of the Sounders victory.  

Annie's been buying season tickets for her beloved Sounders since they were first available a few years ago.  Her undying loyalty paid off yesterday as it did all passionate Seattle fans in that 60,000-plus crowd. 

First time ever, the Sounders are regular season League winners, and the win guaranteed them home-field advantage in all play-off games. 

Once the match had ended and it was evident that the nasty weather hadn't yet arrived, I jumped on my bike and rode from one end of South Center Valley Road to the other, even took a stretch of Thimbleberry Lane, which is at the end of our road.

None of that is much of a fete cuz our road is only about three miles long, but it felt good to get out and breathe that fall air. 

Later, I decided I could mulch the latest batch of fallen leaves.  While doing so, having my phone in my sweatshirt pouch allowed some opportunities to catch the "purtyness" the instant it happened.

That's how it was yesterday, conditions changing quickly, and finally last evening the real wind came.  Scared the dickens out of little Foster.

As a veteran of those summer tornado-like wind events, the little guy gets pretty up tight the minute he hears some gusts outside.  

He lived through it, though, and it's really not too bad out there this morning. A little rain, a little breeze and a lot few leaves on the trees but a whole bunch more on the ground.

You'd never know I mowed yesterday.  But that's fall, and I know that yesterday's mulching job will be repeated several times before the last leaf falls. 

Happy Sunday. 


No comments: