Saturday, October 25, 2014

Saturday Slight















Thank you to my friend and neighbor, Maryann, who let me tromp through her place yesterday afternoon to catch the last of the color.  

All but the last four photos came from a plot of beautiful trees on her ranch.  The others were taken on a stretch of North Center Valley Road, some of which I'd never traveled before. 

I moved quickly with my camera because the leaves are leaving, in big numbers today.

The morning paper says to expect some really blustery winds, starting tonight and lasting through tomorrow afternoon.

So, I'm guessing that we'll have to accept the finality of the most beautiful season of the year.  

Then the work will come. Rake. Rake. Mow. Mow. Rake. Rake and mow some more.

My friend Janice and I were talking yesterday about how much time we spend each fall, doing the cleanup of leaves.

We're both among the believers that getting rid of dead leaves in the fall is a whole lot easier than prying them away from frozen holds in the spring when the ground is tender and still cold. 

So, the work will come, and I don't mind it.  Neither does Janice.  We agree that what the deciduous trees do for our hearts and souls far exceeds any frustrations involved in clean-up. 

It's kinda sad to see the leaves go, but it's a transition that steers us to other things, which provide a welcome change of routine. 

Yesterday I added more crocus bulbs to a couple of beds.  Throughout the long winter, thoughts of how pretty they're gonna be when they pop up in the spring will be sustaining. 

I'm still thinking of adding more tulips, but then I also think about deer and how they like to eat the bulbs, so if I plant them, it will be location, location, location in hopes that they survive to blooming time. 

Today we'll probably watch a few games and putter around the place.  Should be a relaxing day.

Happy Saturday. 

Oh yes, one more thing:  Willie is one of the six men in the running to compete in Sandpoint's "Dancing with Our Stars," set for the Panida Theater, Nov. 15.  

There's voting involved in this POAC-sponsored first for Sandpoint.  Today's paper has ballots, and I'll leave a link below for voting.  

The top three males and females from balloting will be matched up with professional dancers and will train for the Panida competition. 

Like any doting mother, I'd LOVE to see my son dance, so please vote for Will Love if you cast your ballot. They say to vote early and often, so pass the word. Thanks.   Here's the link: 
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QPNNCB6

No comments: