Friday, February 27, 2015

Kennel Mania: United We ZAG
















































My day of ZAGomania all began with a hat----only two of its kind in the world, I'm told. My friend Cis came over yesterday morning with a ZAG-related surprise, crafted by her daughter.  

Cis' daughter Jeannette has been on my list for ZAGS posters the past few years. So, in appreciation for the annual deliveries, she decided I needed a ZAGS hat.  

It's beautiful and truly adorable.  The new hat got some mileage yesterday as it went along with Bill and me to Spokane to watch the ZAGS take on San Diego in their Kennel at MacArthey Athletic Complex.  

We arrived early, which allowed some time for some photo shoots with my new hat.  I even asked a "perfect stranger," who turned out to be a horse lover who knows my sisters, to try it on so I could see the hat on another head and take a picture.   

Gayle happily obliged and looked magnificent in the hat.  Other people commented about the hat, so I knew instantly it was a hit.  That hat even helped during the second half of last night's game as I switched it with my official ZAGS cap.  

Once that happened, the ZAGS field goal percentage picked up dramatically as they won the game by 20 points after a slow start. 

Being in the Kennel involved more than just another exciting ZAGS basketball contest, for our No. 2/No.3 team in the nation. 

The place rocks for about three hours with excitement as players warm up and practice shooting while others around the arena practice shooting----with their cameras, that is. 

I'm thinking that no one person can claim a monopoly on Gonzaga pride when the ZAG Nation faithful get together.  I'm also thinking that just about every ZAGS fan around knows as much about the team and the coaches and their statistics and who's hot and who's not as the next ZAGS fan knows.  

That's kinda why "United We ZAG" makes so much sense for this years team poster theme. 

During the game I sat next to and, within minutes became friends (Facebook and the normal kind) with Amelia and Joe who have five beautiful daughters.  When we weren't watching every move on the floor, we were sharing stories about our backgrounds, families and life experiences.  Oh, and we laughed a lot too!

It was yet another magical night and another phenomenal night to be a ZAGS fan.  The evening sped by all too quickly because virtually every moment was filled with some aspect of Kennel Mania, which is truly a momentous experience.  

I appreciate my new hat.  Thank you, Jeannette. I also appreciate the opportunity that Bill and I so enjoyed last night, thanks to an angel!

GO ZAGS!  Happy Friday. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad you like the hat! Thank you for the posters.