Thursday, March 19, 2015

It's Thursday: Family Throwbacks

Even while jokingly mocking the English style on Largo, our dad Harold was a handsome cowboy.  

Batch Two of our family siblings and a family dog in front of the North Boyer house.  That would be Laurie, Jim and Barbara.  Can't remember if the dog was Rowdy.  Someone knows, I'm sure. 

Kevin with Barbara and Mike in the old living room.  Miss that knotty pine (real wood) paneling.  The photo of one of Harold's stallions Chief Joseph hangs in the Colburn barn these days. 

The plum tree in full bloom always made a nice setting for horse pictures at the North Boyer place.  This is my brother Kevin holding an American Saddlebred mare named Janis Love. She produced one of Mother's most favorite horses Skean Dhu aka Cricket. 

Laurie and Barbara on one of our Sunday drives in the 1958 Ford station wagon. 

I call this "Team Barbara and Laurie," cuz they were a team then, and they're a team now. Incredible horse women and best friends to each other.  This photo was taken on a Michigan trip. 

Quite the photo booth portrait of my older brother Mike. 

A birthday party circa 1949 when we still lived in town.  Looks like the troops had already had their cake.  That's Mike on the left and Kevin peeking through the chair.  Could be a Delamarter there in the middle.  I'm hiding behind the kid on the right. 

This may have been a different birthday party, but I do know it was a long time ago.  Those are the White twins on the left, and I believe that's Laura Delamarter to my right.  I think I was eyeing that cake rather than smiling for the camera. 

Barbara and Laurie and ???? riding the train in Kalamazoo, Michigan, a little over 50 years ago. 


My brother Mike, showing one of his fat steers at the old fairgrounds.  Cattle have changed.  The fairgrounds have moved, and I don't think Mike wears brown oxfords anymore.  

We're all older now, which makes each of the moments above a priceless memory. 

Happy Thursday. 

No comments: