Wednesday, June 03, 2015

After the Ashes, After the Rain . . . .Capri!



From Italy . . . . Annie Love Photos


This was taken in Sorrento, I believe.

 I asked Annie if it was where she was staying last night.  She said no, that it is a complex of museums and shops. 


Today Annie and her friends are visiting Pompeii, the city which was covered with ash after the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79 A.D.

Once unearthed, it was found that much of Pompeii remained as it was before the volcano erupted.  The remaining ruins and artifacts serve as a wonderful representation of the advanced aspect of  Roman civilization. 



"This Just In" from the Isle of Capri---Annie Love Selfies



Naren, Smita and Annie, taken about 7:30 a.m. PDT near Capri.  I think they're having fun. 




From the Lovestead and Selle after a Day of Drenching, Welcome Rain--Mom Love Photos


For most of the day my peonies, which hadn't yet opened, hung low near the potentilla shrub.

I have a feeling that today's sunshine will embolden them to do a little showing off. 

Meserve's field and pond after a good washdown.

When it stopped raining yesterday, and after a day of completing several indoor projects, I took off for an early evening walk.

Twas beautiful. 

Speaking of beauty, my perennial competitor for South Center Valley Road yard beautification has stepped ahead of me significantly with that lovely pergola scene.

Lookin' mighty good, Janice! 

I always love the Johnson's wooden bridge which crosses the swale, running from the old Lockwood place to the Meserve property. 

There's rarely a time that I walk by the old Lockwood place without feeling the need to stop and take pictures.

Jim and Mary Taylor own the place now, and their young feeders are enjoying the lush June grass. 


The Meserve place during rosebush pop-out time offers a view of lovely serenity. 

And back at the Lovestead, the manure spreader was looking rather pretty.  In a few weeks it should be ablaze with color, thanks to petunias, marigolds and cosmos. For now the columbine are carrying the color load. 

One more look at that giant wild rosebush which has more than outgrown the planter where I plopped it in the ground just a few years ago. 

Blueberries are looking good this year . . . lots of them. 

When you're a volunteer poppy, you can show up just about anywhere, and people will be glad to see you!

We had the foggy, foggy dew this morning, and it created a neat effect from the deck.

Foster wasn't too impressed, but I was. 

Now that the sunshine has returned, my horses will have a visit from John Fuller this morning.  He'll nail on their first set of shoes for the summer season.  

So, I might even be able to take an evening ride on Lily whose feet definitely need shoes just about any place outside the barnyard.

With the garden almost finished, maybe I'll get to climb aboard either Lily or Lefty a bit more often.  Should be fun. 

Happy Wednesday.  

No comments: