Friday, August 14, 2015

Hot Nights and Neat Sights















They say the extreme heat is gonna end today.  That's what they say.  This morning two fans near my computer are blowing some semi-tepid air toward me as I type.  

Twas an especially hot and humid night all night here at the Lovestead.  I did hear about five raindrops around midnight and thought relief had come.  Not to be. 


I also thought I had prepared mentally to face the worst day of the most recent heat waves, but with these sticky fingers hitting the keys and a muddled brain that feels like it never went to bed, I could have done better.


When the night never cools down, it's not the best of mornings.  This too shall pass, I hope. 


For now, it's nice to look at some scenes from two different hot nights.  Bill and I enjoyed the Border Collie sighting last Friday when we dined in Bonners Ferry.  


I've been saving the photo. Today it seems like a good way to lead off the blog because, of course, the dogs make me smile. 


This pair was traveling with their owners who were visiting in Bonners Ferry where they had once lived.  While hubby talked with friends along Main Street, this nice lady was happy to talk Border Collies with us.


The rest of the photos were taken last night.  Figuring it would be my last night for the hot summer of 2015 escaping the heat into an air conditioned car, I took Foster and headed north, ending up at McArthur Resevoir just south of Naples. 


The timing was perfect as the sun was putting on quite a grand finale, casting beautiful rays across the water before dipping behind the mountain.


Foster and I shared the spot with a lone fisherman who stood over near the locks just off the highway. 


The drive helped a bit, but unlike other nights during this heat wave, the house felt just as warm when I returned.  Bill was sitting at the desk working at his computer with a fan, borrowed from the garage, blowing his way. 


We're all among the many here in North Idaho who "don't do heat."  Not much air conditioning to be found in very many homes around here, so we have to seek out alternatives.


I must say that the numerous evening escape trips have been fun this summer, and Mother Nature puts on some good shows, regardless of what the thermometer says. 


At this point, however, I'll be quite happy to get back to evening walks, bike rides or trips plodding down the road on my horses. 


Today my sisters and I will spend the morning at the Fair, taking photos for the digital on-sight contest.  This activity provides a great opportunity for seeing the fair up close and personal in its entirety and for some fun photos.  


So, stay tuned.  And, stay cool.  Happy Friday.      


No comments: