Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Continuous Color Chase



An artist could have had a busy day yesterday with the abundant mix of fall color patterns. For probably the first time this season, we awakened to fog.  

It hung around for most of the morning creating some interesting images and reminding me of typical North Idaho, which we haven't experienced in a while. 


The combination of moist, warm and foggy air with dying brown shrubbery amidst trees and grass laden with moisture created some interesting morning colors. 


To avoid soggy tennis shoes and socks, I'm getting back to morning walks through the neighborhood. Yesterday's experience was very pleasant. 


When I returned to our north lawn, I noticed that the blueberry plants, which have been prepared with their needle bed for winter, have taken taken on their usual fall brilliance.


And, then----to walk toward the deck and to still see those bright, showy blossoms of summer still proudly hanging in there for a record run---that was nice too.  


I even discovered that two of sweet pepper plants, still in their deck planters, have burst out with a second set of baby fruits.  That made me wonder about the possibilities of moving them inside when and if we do have a freeze. 


Might have to do that!


By afternoon yesterday, the fog was lifting and an occasional sun added a touch of brilliance to what's left of our deciduous color show.  


While driving Jacobson Road, I found some still gorgeous birch trees and another beautiful grove just off HWY 200 at Oden.


After my photography fix and dropping off some more ZAGS posters, came leaf raking and collecting---- a daily project for the next couple of weeks for sure. 


It's still a pretty time.  We have been blessed.


Today's plan is to take a break pursuing what's left of the fall palette and watch kids digging in the mud. Is there mud around North Idaho?

Guess I'll know for sure after my visit to the Water Potato Festival.  And, if I see some more autumn brilliance, you will too.  Stay tuned.  

Happy Tuesday. 











No comments: