Saturday, December 05, 2015

Festive Happenings in the 'Hood



I went to the Long Branch late yesterday afternoon to pick up my swags and Christmas wreath from Sage.  

She's my friend Kari's daughter, and she's busy all the time, it seems.  When she's not riding her horse, she's involved in athletics and academics.

Sage is raising money to help finance some upcoming extracurriculars that go along with everything else.  One of those includes a trip this school year to Washington, D.C. 

That's why she's been busy making beautiful swags and wreaths, often putting a personal touch for the recipient, e.g., a horse shoe on the swag for my sisters. 

Well, I put the "Sage crafts" in the car and then followed Kari into the Long Branch, a building converted into an activity center at Tracie and Scott Finney's home just off HWY 95 at the Bronx. 

After walking through the door, I entered a magical and colorful Christmas wonderland AND a lot of familiar faces.  Definitely paydirt for me as I could sense some fun visiting and looking. 

"Where's your camera?" Tracie asked as she greeted me.  

Thank you for giving me a friendly nudge, Tracie.  It was truly worth the quick trip home to grab the camera and return to the fun.

I enjoyed strolling from booth to booth, having quick visits with most of the vendors, many of whom I'd gotten to know during my teaching years.  

"You'll know almost everyone you see," Kari told me earlier, and when I came back later with the camera, a group of familiar faces coming out the door from their shopping experience echoed Kari's comment to a word. 

During this second visit, I saw attractively decorated items for the sweet tooths among us. From Wendi Drumright Lies, I learned about her hubby Shawn's intricate items made from license plates. 

While looking at April and Abby's display of sweet bee lip balm, hand-crafted ornaments and baby items, I thought about the baby I had at home and wondered if I'd ever need the "burp cloth" set.  

So far, that's all Liam has not done this past week.  He's even had the hiccups, but no burps . . . yet!

And, if anyone wants an intricately fashioned wood cut-out of the state of Idaho or the United States to put on the side of a building, Mr. Eich will be happy to help you out.

Twas a wonderful experience visiting the Long Branch yesterday.  I really wanted to stay longer because the visiting was just as good as the offerings.

BUT, I'm a new mom, and a puppy was waiting at home to take on the next adventure in his life of exploring and finding fun spots in his new habitat.  

Tracie's fabulous Home for the Holidays craft sale will be going again today.  It's truly beautiful at the Finney home and worth the trip down Bronx Road to enjoy the fun.   They'll open at 10 this morning and close at 2 p.m.

Another big event today:  one of the "games of the year" as the ranked ZAGS take on the ranked Wildcats from Arizona.  Should be a lot of rockin' and rumbling in the Kennel today. 

GO ZAGS  12:15 p.m. ESPN.  May the ZAG angels smile!  :)
















1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such fun! I have wanted to do this for several years, but that Friday was always Leadership Spokane class and I was not fit for society. Tracie is such a great host (and cousin). The artist/vendors were excellent--a great variety. Me and Mom had a good time!