Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Country Spring Scenes R Us



Not telling where these photos were taken.  It will be fun to see if folks in the area see them and recognize something from their general neighborhood.

At the risk of being more redundant that ever, I just have to say that if the opportunity to take in the gorgeous sights of this incomparable spring presents itself, take advantage!


And, if you have a camera, take the with you too.  It's definitely a spring smorgasboard aplenty, regardless of which direction you go. 


I'm taking my camera again today for a planned outing----if my tummy behaves, that is. The chronic affliction (not contagious) which I've endured for years reared its ugly head yesterday afternoon and hung on until this morning.


I'm hoping I'm on the mend because one of my longtime friends and "partners in crime" is coming for a visit today.  


Our visits are almost always spent in a car because that's how we got to know each other so well. 


One of us drove the "rig"; the other rode shotgun and vice versa as we traveled hundreds of miles on a twice weekly basis over Idaho, Eastern Washington and Western Montana back roads.

We worked as engineering techs for the U.S. Forest Service, and we put out and recorded data from traffic counters on main forest roads and their often remote branches. 


Chris and I worked three summers together and when we had 12-hour, two-day traffic surveys to conduct in places like Priest Lake, the Vermillion River, Usk, Lightning Creek and the Bunco Road, we had ample time to get to know each other.  


Since that time, Chris went on to a career as a college professor and researcher.  She's now retired, but still keeps some ties with the academic world. 


It's been at least five years since we took our last driving/talking marathon, so we've got some catching up to do. Should be a fun day. 


And, of course, we'll likely travel through areas just as pretty as those posted today. What a glorious time to have to hit the back roads!  


Am I redundant, when I say for the billionth time that we're sure lucky when the weather turns nice in North Idaho. 


Happy Wednesday.  




















No comments: