Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Livin' on Tulsa Time and Lovin' It




Back home here at the Lovestead after a remarkable and wonderful weekend in Tulsa.  Debbie and I flew down Friday to cheer my sisters on at the U.S. Arabian National Horse Show.

If you've been following the blog, you know that Barbara and Laurie were high achievers, indeed, during their four days of showing:  a national championship, a high-point select Western Trail award and three Top Tens.  

I hope I have that right.  

We had to leave our "Tulsa Time" adventure yesterday and, while at the airport, learned that we could have stayed a while longer as our flight was an hour late.

During that time, Laurie, who had bounced back from a day of illness, thanks to food poisoning, rode her way to a Top Ten in Western Horsemanship.

So, it was a phenomenal show for them.

During the weekend, Debbie and I took a bit of a side show trip to Pawhuska, Okla., where we were beyond thrilled to meet and pose with the Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond, who appeared on "Good Morning, America" yesterday with her latest cookbook.

We thoroughly enjoyed that experience from start to finish, even with the long time spent waiting to get inside the Mercantile restaurant for a steak dinner, which matched all the hype that goes along with Ree Drummond's enterprising vision.  

Also, during the weekend, I snapped photos here and there and in Pawhuska and its nearby town Barndall.  Both communities are in Osage County, Okla., and both offered us a great view of the small-town rural flavor of the Sooner State. 

One of the highlights of the weekend came when I met a polite young gentleman from Texas at the horse show.  His name was Rider, and we hit it off immediately. 

I think Rider's manners and his charm immediately endear him to anyone who meets him.  Mom and Dad were pretty darned nice too, and I thank them for their gracious warmth during my visit at their stall. 

Good luck to Dad as he competes in the national reining classes at the show.  And, if you're reading, Mom and Dad, I'd love to keep track of Rider in the future. 

What a neat and enthusiastic young man!

In short, the trip was a wonderful experience.  

I'm so proud of my sisters and thrilled for them as they continue to demonstrate that, with hard work, vision, patience, education and a little help from all their supporters, dreams really do come true.  

Big dreams!

I also thank Debbie for taking the wheel as we drove around Tulsa and the Oklahoma countryside, all the time reminding ourselves that we were "Livin' on Tulsa Time."

In retrospect, it's easy to say that a good time was had by all. 

Happy Tuesday.  































Yay, Laurie and Dusty!  Another national Top Ten.



No comments: