Monday, October 23, 2017

Ride of a Lifetime: Barbara and Dusty, National Champs!





















From Barbara, in a Facebook post from last night . . . .

Wow! What a day today at the U. S. National Arabian and Half-Arabian Championships in Tulsa, OK. This guy, Dusty aka Ravenwood DunIn Style really came through for me.

This is my very special "forever" horse who chose me 10 years ago at the age of 2 months.  

Today, he confidently carried me to the winners circle in Half-Arabian Trail ATR Select, and boy did he DO IT IN STYLE.

He topped all five judges cards in both days of competition and out scored the reserve champion by17.5 points earning himself the title of National Champion. 

Not only did he win the Half-Arab class, but he also nabbed the title of High Point Performance of all Select Riders.

I couldn't believe when I was sitting in the backthrough in the finals, looking at the last series of lope overs that we were almost done. 

 It was all so smooth that I almost panicked thinking that I must have left out part of the pattern to be near the end so fast. It is such an honor to have a horse that gives his all for me and knows how to perform under pressure. 

 It was such a thrill to have all five judges tell me what wonderful rides I had as well as the course designer and two of our industries top trail trainers. 

I have so many people to thank for helping us achieve this feat, but that will wait until another post when I am more rested and have less chance of leaving someone out. 

Tonight's post is dedicated to DUSTY, a horse with the most generous heart who chose me to be his person ten years ago. 

Thank you Dusty, and I know you will work your hardest for Laurie tomorrow in Western Horsemanship.








1 comment:

Myra Lewis said...

WOW pictures are so beautiful... what a fabulous honor... congratulations ..