Saturday, December 16, 2017

Saturday Slightly Festive





  
I guess this morning's post could easily fit in the " a few festive images of things I love" category.  

I love when the Christmas tree finally arrives at the Lovestead and especially when it's decorated.  That usually happens around Dec. 15. 

Yesterday when I went outside for morning chores, this beautiful grand fir was propped against the house next to the garage door.  

Bill outdid himself this year.  

After 43.5 (to the day) years of "interesting" Christmas tree sagas, my forester hubby selected the best ever for this Christmas 2017.

I say that with confidence because the whole operation from inserting it into the stand, to having it stand up straight without falling down, to decorating without having to find ways to hide the flaws----twas was a seamless and very satisfying experience this year.

And, totally "cuss-word" free!

That's the true measure of a good Christmas tree selection at our house where there is definitely "Peace on Earth" this morning as the tree adds its generous and beautiful helping of Christmas cheer. 

The only drawback to our Christmas tree placement is that we are limited to the same location every single year.  Our house is laid out in such a way that the only other option would be to remove the furniture.  

We always leave the furniture in place and just deal with the not-so-ideal location.  Last evening, I was reminded how much I don't care for this location while attempting to take a decent picture of this most beauteous tree ever. 

The wooden chandelier hanging from the ceiling, placed by a former owner in a terrible spot (especially when tall men walk into the house from the sliding glass door), refused to get out of the way for my photo shoot. 

I finally had to settle for the fact that it was gonna photo bomb my beautiful tree no matter what angle I tried. 

So, you'll see that little "drip, drip" spot up there at the top. 

And, if you looked really closely, you'd see the expression on the angel's face, sternly suggesting to the light fixture to "get OUT of my space!" 

At least the tall male relatives will be coming through different doors during their holiday visits, so the tops of their heads are safe for this Christmas season. 

Since I could not restrict the one decent photo manageable to just the Christmas tree, you'll also notice other items I love on the wall next to the tree. 

The Love house is wall-papered with ZAGS posters, and one of the posters on that particular wall is this year's team.  And, of course, I love them, as I do all ZAGS. 

Please also note the prayer---ahem---ZAGS beads hanging from the curtain rod.  They get used on occasion. 

Above the ZAGS, you'll see the sheep.  

I especially love that photo because my son Willie took it a few years ago when we were visiting Ireland.  

Pretty much everywhere we went, sheep came to visit us. This herd on Valencia Island seemed especially enthusiastic about our presence. 

Need I say anything about the next three photos.  I think, by now, readers may know that I truly love them, and they seem quite happy to race around the Lovestead and even go meet the UPS/Fed-Ex deliverers with their jingle bells during this Christmas season.

Only problem is the bells kinda warn the squirrels when the bunch comes racing toward the trees south of the house.  If the squirrels, who spend a lot of time messing up my flower pots on the deck, would slow down long enough, I'd put Christmas jingle bell collars on them too. 

Just imagine the cuteness of little pine squirrels nibbling on their sunflower seeds with their holiday apparel. 

Now that we've had a dusting of snow, my outdoor decorations are looking a lot better and are more noticeable. When I drove through town yesterday, I saw that the snow had dressed up the shopping area considerably from the day before.

Snow in the valleys is good for something.

Though he's not wearing jingle bells or the traditional Christmas colors, Little CB melted my heart several times this week, especially when he stood with this pose while I snapped a photo. 

In one week's time, CB has become part of the herd and when I come to his corral, rather than running away, he comes to greet me and happily stands without a halter for his hugging and petting sessions. 

He's a keeper. 

I'll wrap up (no presents) by saying the final photo exemplifies the saying, "A picture is worth a thousand words," so I'll let the photo do the talking.

Happy Saturday. 













No comments: