Thursday, March 22, 2018

Country Flavor and SWEETNESS at the Dance







Yesterday, I took a basket of plants to my repairman/wizard Tony who's currently under repair at his home in Priest River. 

Tony is operating on pain killers, but he was lucid enough to pull out his cell phone and show me a photo of all the pins attempting to put the broken bone just below his knee back together again. 

After a short visit with Tony and his family, I headed back to Sandpoint via some back roads, even one I'd never traveled before. 

If people would hire people to drive back roads in the rural areas, I'd be first in line to sign on. 

Though yesterday's detours from the main highway were "slight," a few scenes along the way provided good reasons to stop the car and record the images. 

Over Priest River way, some mountain sides are completely bare while others have a long ways to go before the snow is gone. 

Regardless of the situations, the newness of the old scenes made me feel like a kid in a candy store at times.

It turned out to be an enjoyable afternoon.  When I arrived at home, Bill was playing with the dogs in the ever-increasing bare stretches of the front lawn. 

After going inside for a moment, I came back out with my camera, and there was Lily----proud and satisfied as she could be after taking her afternoon barnyard mud bath. 

Yup, the mud is welcome because it signals an eventual spring, but the mud has its downside too.  These days I'm walking just inside the barnyard to feed in the morning as opposed to halfway across.

If I were to try the latter, I might just take a step only to have my boot stuck in the mud behind me.  So, the horses will have to eat breakfast along the fenceline until it dries up. 

Actually, our mud isn't as bad as it has been some years.  Last year, for example, we had mud for months before the dead of winter and then mud afterward. 

So, I won't be complaining about this year's supply, at least for now. 

Anyway, we're putzing along with spring, and each day seeing progress.

Speaking of putzing along, so is March Madness.  New dances tonight among the Sweet Sixteeners!

The ZAGS tip off against Florida State's Seminoles at 7:07 Pacific Daylight Time in the LA Staples Center. 

There's excitement in the air, and if all goes well, on to the Elite Eight on Saturday. 

GO, ZAGS!  Happy Thursday to all.  Hope you enjoy the photos.  







One of my saddles came from this place.

Twas owned by Harold Anselmo, whose grandson Paul now serves as superintendent of West Bonner County School District. 












2 comments:

Unknown said...


stop by when you are in our area-be good to see you.
rose marie

Marianne Love said...

I almost did that yesterday but time got away from me. Next time! :)