Saturday, May 12, 2018

Saturday Slightly Pretty





It's the beginning of what looks to be a "heavenly" weekend here in God's Country. 

Temperatures are heading toward the 80s, and there's a potpourri of activity going on in the community throughout the weekend, including today's Women of Wisdom gala at Tango Cafe.  

I'm going to the event specifically to honor my friend, confidante and blog editor Helen Newton but send congratulations out to the other four honorees.  I know all but one of them and look forward to meeting her. 

It will be a fun time, filled with a host of familiar faces, former students and old friends.

Once that's over, I'll race home, change into my farm duds, hop on the lawnmower and try to finish off the entire lawn by early evening.  

To let it go in this warm weather would be inviting a hay field, so the job must be done today.  After all, I'd love to sit back and enjoy Mother's Day. 

Yesterday I started hearing the word "flood" frequently, and we'll hear it a lot over the next few days as a tons of snow from a record year is melting and it's got to go somewhere. 

Forecasters are predicting flooding, and I guess we'll know how extreme within the next few days.  I'm also hearing talk of sand bagging efforts this weekend where folks live close to the lakeshore.

While driving to Hope yesterday, I could see that Pack River was over extending its shores in several areas and that the mud flats, which were just that a few weeks ago are filled to the brim. 

It's definitely a beautiful but potentially damaging time as the sunshine and warm temperatures present a double-edged sword with so much snow yet to melt.

Wishing the best for residents living along the shoreline and in any other areas where flooding could happen. 

In the midst of all this, we are happily experiencing probably the most strikingly beautiful time of year, as evidenced from the photos below. 

Happy Saturday.  
  



















No comments: