Friday, September 28, 2018

BRILLIANT!





Brilliant!!!!  

And, we've only just begun!

I'm using that adjective because soon I'll be hearing the term used frequently as a synonym for our American "Awesome!" "Cool!" etc. 

Yes, the outdoor scene is becoming more and more brilliant, and it's just the opening scene for autumn color. 

It's also pretty awesome.

And, happily, it's just gonna get better, especially when the larch start lighting up the mountainsides.

I'm sad to know that I'll be missing the height of our North Idaho fall color, but I'm excited to see what's in store this time of year in Ireland. 

One thing for sure:  a whole lot of green, and a whole lot of black and white (sheep and Border Collies). 


Of course, the sheep will also have their extra colors aka "smit marks," daubed on to their wool for farm identification purposes.

The colors vary depending on who owns the sheep. 

We also expect to see a lot of color when we attend the Ballinasloe Horse Fair in Galway County, Ireland. 



It's Europe's oldest and largest, attracting 80,000 visitors.  

I'd seen photos of the gathering for years and never dreamed we'd be in Ireland at the time of the show. 

Well, we are! 

So, we've arranged accommodations just a few miles from where the fair is held.  I have a feeling my camera will be busy that day. 

It will offer a potpourri of horse culture, Irish style, which should be fun. 

Cuz, I'm sure the horse fair, in my eyes, will be downright "brilliant."   

Be prepared. 

In the meantime, enjoy the ever evolving "brilliance" of our beautiful North Idaho.

Happy Friday. 

































No comments: