Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Snow Day; No School













So much to say but SO little time. 

It's snowing profusely outside.

The power went off briefly.

My computer took forever to boot back up.

Then, the satellite dish let me know it had too much snow, preventing it from doing its duty.

There's no school today. 

As mentioned before, that always makes me happy.

This morning I was gonna talk about the dangerous ice covering pretty much every place we walk around here 'cept the buildings.

A fresh coat of new snow caused the ice to spread and to be more dangerous than ever. 

After gingerly moving around to do my chores and taking my life in my hands just to get to the car, I brought out the tractor in the afternoon and plowed. 

Bill had gone to a day-long meeting in Noxon.  When he pulled into the driveway, I had just finished up.

"I plowed so we could see where the ice was and so my Yaktrax would work.  We have found that they don't work well at all with new coatings of snow.

Bill was amazed.  He said he hadn't seen any new snow until he turned off the highway to Colburn-Culver.

Well, he has seen plenty of new snow from overnight, and once again the tractor came out in this winter of predicted light snow. 

It's downright gorgeous outside, and the snow is finally letting up a bit.

 Once again, we've got work to do with shovels and the plow.

How many more days in January?

Maybe a good day to read a book like 1984 or Animal Farm.

Happy Wednesday. 









No comments: