Thursday, March 21, 2019

Dancin', Kimmel, ZAGS AND TBT












Idaho Press Tribune  sports reporter Will Love covering an NCAA tournament in Boise. 


Cousins came to Sandpoint, and Bill taught 'em geocaching. 


Longtime family friend Bobbie and her daughter Suzanne.  Bobbie taught me when I was young and I taught Suzanne when I was still young. 


My friend and former student Erica and I teamed up for a writing workshop a few years ago.  Writing and drawing can be done with a variety of perspectives. 




One of my Chicago cousins, Rich, with his daughter. We had visited to celebrate Rich's dad's 90th birthday. 


There's a Spokesman-Review guy here, along with another cousin, Valerie at our once standing Lodgepole Tree.  She's from Chicago but lives with her hubby and two daughters on Bainbridge Island. 


This young man has benefitted and come so far, thanks to the love and perseverance of his mom.

I wrote a story about Cooper a few years ago, and he came to my house to meet the horses.

Delightful and inspiring young man, as is his mom Nikki.


The picture says it all except this was ten years ago when my older brother reached a significant age.  Now, the three of us older siblings have all reached and surpassed that significant age.  Where has time gone?

And, during these times, all I've got to say is it would be nice to see a BIG CHANGE. 


Willie and Annie out geocaching. 


The lady on the left is my blog editor, dear and supportive friend Helen.

Helen is recuperating from a broken ankle, and I think Helen is as excited today as any of us who go a little crazy in March.

She has taken the plunge into bracketology and has entered at least two bracket pools that I know of.

March Madness:   no better way to heal while  waiting for time to pass.

Good luck, Helen. 


Again, the writing workshop a few years ago.  Try writing on your head.  Guaranteed fresh perspective. 


This picture represents a family day that will live in notoriety. 

Note that my mother was at the wheel of the golf cart, taking my cousin Sue for a spin.

Mother had so much fun she asked Sue's sister Patti to join her.

As more than half a dozen cousins watched, Mother took that golf cart past a car belonging to one of the cousins.

Mother's hearing wasn't so good, nor was her peripheral vision.

She didn't see herself denting and scratching the car, but the rest of us did.

Nobody ever had the nerve to tell her what she had done, not even the victim who owned the car.

The golf cart came out unscathed. 


Brother Jim, Bill and I touring Chicago. 


Wonderful visit featuring two classmates, Janis and Gary. 

They roamed the place, got inducted into the Lodgepole Society and joined other classmates for lunch at the Samuels Store.

Lovely visit. 


I have to add a new board to the fence surrounding the new shelter shed which Amos and Trevor built for me a few years ago.

The shed they built is doing fine.

Unlike Mother's incident with the golf cart, nobody saw me ram the tractor loader into the fence, breaking a board.


My friend and neighbor Helen.  Twas the year she was chosen as a Woman of Wisdom for Sandpoint. 


I read last night that Ichiro received enthusiastic cheering while playing in the Seattle Mariners victorious opening day game yesterday in Tokyo.

This photo of the beloved player was taken when Annie and I attended a Mariners game and got to sit fairly close to the action. 


Four years ago, about this time, we Loves were meeting and then gathering at the door to Key Arena to watch the first round of the NCAA Tournament.

We had the good fortune of watching the ZAGS win both their games and move on to Houston.

It was a wonderful experience,  just as this year's NCAA Tournament will surely be.

To many college basketball fans, this day is just like Christmas with all the excitement and expectation associated with favorite teams and, of course THOSE BRACKETS.

Good luck to all.

GO, ZAGS!

Thank you, Jimmy Kimmel, for recognizing Gonzaga Greatness, which in your mind, was lurking in the shadows.

Now, you know and have proclaimed what the rest of us have known and appreciated for many years.

The ZAGS are something special.

A teaser:  Debbie and I will be seeing Jimmy Kimmel at an event this weekend, and you can be sure we'll be shouting out, "GO, ZAGS," and we're sure he'll know what we're talking about. 







2 comments:

Bluemax 36 said...

Well, so, at least, he doesn't call it Gohn-zah-gah. Need to recognize progress when it shows itself....

Helen said...

Having SO MUCH FUN with the brackets. I have 2 on ESPN and am proud to say am 100% on both so far. On FND I think I'm 50% on one and 100% on the other. All beginners luck, of course, because I've never watched a March Madness game before and the only team I follow in the paper is Gonzaga. Skip is 0% on his one entry. Thanks for introducing me to such an enjoyable diversion during my rehab.