Friday, August 16, 2019

Oh, Deer! Odds and Ends and Buying Ireland









This morning, after reading the Friday fake news, I'm thinking I'd like to buy Ireland. 

Just a thought, but if the price were right, I'd do it. 

~~~~~~

In other news, there's a fawn haven/heaven not too far from where we live. 

It's on Center Valley Road.

Last night the fawns were almost as thick as the alfalfa.

I think I saw five fawns all together. 

They and their moms were enjoying an evening meal of lush alfalfa when I drove by. 

In one case, Mom was on one side of the road maintaining a close mom-like look, while her twins were on the other at the edge of Todd and Jody Russell's woods. 

Eventually, everyone decided it was okay to cross the road and get over into that alfalfa field. 

While all this was happening, I was having a good time taking pictures.
















During my short evening drive, I also found "love" on Colburn-Culver Road.

Happily, nobody was behind me when I caught the yard art out of the corner of my eye.  

So, I backed up and took a picture of love. 

Seems I find love in some interesing places. 





The sun was just about to set when I set off down South Center Valley Road last night. 

So, this big mama cow belonging to Jack Filipowski, which is pasturing at Leedy's place, was particularly stunning in the evening light. 






In my garden this year, there are a lot of alien plants crossing over into others' territory. 

And, by golly, in most cases, like pictured below, the undocumented daisies and NASTY urshums have received a warm welcome.  

It seems as if my green bean plants are particularly welcoming, even providing some comforting protection for their visitors.

Garden plants can certainly teach us lessons about humanity. 




Miss Sunny has certainly become a fixture in the barn.

In the mornings, she comes down from high up in the hay stack, crosses the barn aisle and heads in to the tack room to lounge for a while in her three-story cat condo.

She's definitely a keeper.


There's a story with this swiss chard.

I have learned my lesson about veggies in the stand-up planter boxes.

They need much more watering than I was originally providing.

A few weeks ago, this year's chard crop was literally on its death bed, tiny, tiny leaves all shriveled up and ready to disintegrate into the soil.

Finally, a gong went off in my head.  I threw on some Miracle Grow and made sure the planter boxes and the rest of the garden got doused each day.

In the short span of a couple of weeks, the chard came back to life and its about to grow right out of the planter.

So, I'm proud to have learned my lesson and am looking forward to snipping off some of the regenerated crop for this year's annual quiche supply. 




And, that's pretty much it on this pleasant Friday morning.

 Bill is headed to Costco later to pick up supplies for the annual Bike and Build weekend stay at the church.  

I'll be taking the ladder back to the plum tree for a big picking up the latest batch of ripe plums and just enjoying the day.  

More than likely, I'll probably keep thinking about raising an even better chard crop and selling it at the Farmer's Market so I can buy Ireland. 

Better get to work. 

Happy Friday. 

1 comment:

Krystal said...

Useful article, thank you for sharing the article!!!

Website bloggiaidap247.com và website blogcothebanchuabiet.com giúp bạn giải đáp mọi thắc mắc.