Monday, February 24, 2020

Sunday Walk down Selle Road








It's a Yaktrax day this morning.

And, in some places, even the extra safety measures on the boots did not keep me from sliding. 

It's actually kinda deceiving out there because, visually, there's no apparent new ice from yesterday's drizzle and the light overnight snow that followed. 

Instead, it's a film covering pretty much every inch of ground, so no real places for escape. 

When temperatures rise, the slip sliding should stop.  

Happily, I didn't need Yaktrax yesterday while setting out on a walk with no particular goal.  

It felt so good during that period when the slop had stopped that I walked clear to the other side of downtown Selle, which I figure was located pretty close to the railroad tracks. 

Hadn't taken that walk in some time so it was fun to check out interesting sights, both new and old, on both sides of Selle Road. 

Geese were feeding in farm field stubble, and, by golly, when I arrived at Selle proper, robins were flitting about from tree to tree. 

Upon leaving home, I thought I heard robins but they were keeping out of my sight.  Bill later told me he'd seen a robin in the north lawn on Saturday while pruning some of our decorative cedar trees in the stand along the road.

Yesterday, one of the downtown Selle robins even sat and posed on a limb so I could snap some photos.  

Meanwhile across the road at another resident, a pair of doves (birds which usually fly right off cuz they're guilty about something) cuddled on a tree limb. 

Apparently, these were doves with clear consciences. 

The roosters that reside on a neat and funky farm just down the road from our turn-off pretty much stay put, adding to the colorful motif the owners have created in the past few years. 

And, so, Selle has its old and its charming new aspects, which create a nice blend for those of us who love living out here. 

I was happy to see that the county's proposed land use plan emphasizes the need to maintain the rural character of this area which we have appreciated since moving out here in 2006. 

And, yesterday I really enjoyed my walk through our rural heaven, just as much as every day spent living out here. 

It's a special place.  

Happy Monday. 


















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The page will determine whether or not your computer is setup to run a certain game. If you don't love the idea of a download, delete it when you are done. Hay Day hack