Monday, March 30, 2020

Wet, Wild and Wonderful













Bill and I broke up our Sunday into segments yesterday. 

Some time spent in the house.  

Other time spent outside in the barn or the wood pile. 

For most of the afternoon, we drove around the Sagle/Garfield Bay area.  

At one place owned by the Kalispell Tribe, we were able to take about a ten-minute walk and BIF break before the pitter patter of rain sent us back to the pickup. 

In this new world we are experiencing, I'm going to have to make some adjustments:  don't drink coffee while out on a drive. 

No honey buckets or convenience store facilities available.

It'll be all BIF's or no coffee from now on. 

At one point, we stopped along Gamblin Lake where the cattails and the rippling water made some pretty combos. 

I also left the pickup for another ten-minute walk along the beach at the Garfield Bay campground.  

People were keeping their distance at the closed picnic spot but still enjoying fresh air and beauty of Lake Pend Oreille.

 I'm sure the guy out fishing in his boat had to be in a state of bliss as he kept his distance, 'cept for maybe a fish or two. 

After arriving home, I dodged the first of a series of drenching rains to put the horses in the barn. 

Then, we leisurely nibbled on our respective dinners (Bill, the rest of the gumbo he mixed up on Saturday and I, fried egg on toast and sausage links). 

The biggest, wildest squall of all, complete with rain, thunder, lightning and hail not only made for some interesting scenes outside but also made Liam really nervous. 

Usually, he doesn't react to such things, but I'm sure his canine sense for all that worries the world along with the fireworks intensified his level of doggie stress. 

As we face another month of this lifestyle, I'm noticing more and more creative ways folks are using to beat the doldrums.  


My friend Chris Pietsch posted this one on Twitter.  

My quarantine name:  Cowboy Cookie Bulldog.

And, yours?

I'm not sure mine has a great ring to it, so I might pull a Groundhog Day move and eat something really interesting for my last bite tonight and try it all over again tomorrow. 

Maybe "Beans Bulldogs" or "Chili Cheese Chip Bulldogs. . . . 

Stay tuned.  

Enjoy the photos, make the most of your Monday and sing along about rainbows. 












For a coming 15-year-old Border Collie beauty, Miss Kiwi has been enjoying a change I made around here last week when Liam and Foster were relegated to the dog run to save my lawn around the barnyard. 

Normally, when all three dogs are out and about, Kiwi prefers to take several naps a day. 

Now, however, with Bill spending a lot of time working at his wood pile and in his woods, Kiwi can't move fast enough to accompany him. 

She's feeling like Top Dog again.  She has a whole new get up to her go, and that's kinda neat for a golden girl. 




Shortly after one of the deluges we had last night, I walked down the driveway and had to stop at the phenomenon occurring at the culvert which feeds our French drain.

Looked like quite a flushing out from mud build-up, and it was neat to see the muddy waters sharing space with crystal clear water. 

















2 comments:

Helen said...

Chili bulldog

Stephenie Brown said...

I was born HIV positive.at the age of 16 I lost my mother because of the HIV infection And I regretted why i never met Dr sunday who could have cured my mum for me because as a single other it was very hard for my mother I came across Dr Sunday herbal center and his herbal exploit online about how he cured all kind of human diseases like Chronic pancreatitis, HIV/Aids Herpes, Parkinson, Asthma, Autism,Copd, Epilepsy, Shingles, Cold Sore, Infertility, Chronic Fatigues Syndrome,Fibromyalgia, Love Spell, Prostate Cancer, Lung Cancer, Glaucoma., psoriasis, Cirrhosis of Liver, Cataracts, Muscular degeneration, Infectious mononucleosis., Cardiovascular disease, Lung disease. Enlarged prostate, Osteoporosis. Alzheimer's disease, psoriasis,
Dementia, Breast Cancer, Blood Cancer, Colo-Rectal Cancer, Love Spell, Chronic Diarrhea, Ataxia, Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis, Weak Erection, Breast Enlargment, Penis Enlargment,Hpv, measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria Diabetes Hepatitis and Cancer I was so excited but frighten at the same time because I did not come across such article on the internet then I contacted Dr sunday on his {EMAIL drsundayherbalcenter@gmail.com}. he tells me how it works then I told him I want to proceed I paid him so swiftly Colorado post office I received my herbal medicine within 3/4 working days and I used the herbal medicine as he prescribed for me MORNING AND NIGHT and here living healthy again can imagine how God uses men to manifest his healing and powerful  works I'm writing this article in appreciation to thank Dr Sunday herbal centre and to let you all know there is a cure for HIV/AIDS.THANK YOU