Thursday, June 10, 2021

Thursday This and That

 






The more I learn about Covid vaccinations, the more I'm wondering if the shots I received were the "real deal."  

Oh, I still have no doubts that the vaccine inserted a computer chip within my body because I've yet to see any tangible proof that my every move and thought is NOT being tracked by the government.

Moreover, I haven't contracted Covid that I know of anyway.  Everything still tastes way too good, and my waist line validates that.

BUT

I learned yesterday that the vaccine also makes people magnetic, allowing them to attach spoons or forks or keys to their forehead and walk around with the metal items staying intact. 

Of course, I had to immediately try this at home where I was watching a lady testify to this fact on a Twitter video.  

I was so excited to find out if I'd become a human magnet that I didn't even waste time running downstairs for personal proof. 

I walked across the hallway to the bathroom, picked up some fingernail clippers, stuck 'em up on my forehead, let go and the damn things fell in the sink, making a big loud clank. 

Instant skepticism took over---apparently, the vaccination had done nothing to deter that facet of my brain. 

My immediate thought:  maybe they gave me a placebo as part of a grand experiment. 

I was so disappointed with the fingernail clipper failure and so jealous that some vaccinated people get to walk around with spoons, forks or keys on their foreheads that I didn't even bother to check out this theory at the silverware drawer downstairs.

I really don't care if the government is tracking all my innermost thoughts through the so-called computer chip supposedly inserted in my body with the shots, but it does make me really mad that I won't be able to participate with the lucky folk at Halloween who will have the most novel costumes ever.  

Those folks who got the magnets get to go around and knock on doors and show off their forks, spoons or keys and their proud disguises indicating a "fully vaccinated" peep.   

Seems like that would be a heap of fun, and I hate to miss out on such opportunities. 

Maybe I'll just sign up for a second round of vaccinations well in advance of Halloween and maybe they'll get it right this time and then I can have fun too.

Anywho, that's one thing I learned while surfing the world happenings yesterday.  

Please believe me that this news falls in either the "I kid you not" or the "you can't make this stuff up" category.   

I also learned, while walking the streets of Hayden, ID, yesterday, that the community's official flower is the honeysuckle. 



That new factoid set an exciting idea into motion,  but I had to keep walking and taking pictures and waiting for Bill to come out of the North Idaho Eye Clinic on Hayden's Government Way where the surgeon was checking out the progress of his post-surgery cataract-less eye, the right one---also the correct one.

Bill eventually walked out of the clinic, no longer looking like a "dork," as he termed it.  The transparent patch had gone from his face to a collection of items and information needed for the next couple of weeks. 

After his report of what the doctor said, which apparently is done in few words, I brought up the Hayden honeysuckle and asked  if Sandpoint has a city flower. 

He didn't seem to know.

And, since Bill serves on the city tree committee, I also asked if our town has a city tree. 

Apparently not.  If so, someone can correct me.  

 I suggested that the tree committee take on the project of selecting a city flower and a city tree and maybe even a city bird---which, no doubt, could be the pooping geese at the beach. 

Then, maybe residents could be encouraged to add the city flower to their home landscaping plans, if they don't already have said flowers and then we could have our Sandpoint city flower festival where, during the first year's celebration,  a banner could be hung designating the city flower.

Not such an easy idea for trees or birds, but I'm sure we could come up with something. 

Just sayin'. 

After Bill's appointment and my municipal suggestion we drove to Gross Donuts for a post-surgery inspection reward. 

Gross Donuts is closer to Coeur d'Alene on HWY 95.  

The donuts are great but we don't want to think too much about their names as we enjoying them with a cup of coffee.  

After all, biting in to a fresh, warm "road-kill" aka cherry fritter " or "bear scat" aka blueberry fritter donut might not evoke a full sense of ambience. 

Maybe that's why they're "gross" donuts.

  Decadence?  Yes, flavor-wise.  

But definitely gross nomenclature.  

Still, my cherry fritter was delightful and reminiscent of the days when Chris Moon and I, as Forest Service traffic survey aides, would stop by a bakery on our way out into the forest and purchase at least two or three fresh plain-named donuts or maple bars or fritters or bear claws apiece and eat every single bite.

Nowadays, one cherry fritter a year is more than enough for my waistline.

   Lots more going on in my quirky world, but that's probably enough for today. 

I'm headed downstairs to try on a forehead fork. Wish me luck cuz I really don't want to go get any more shots. 

Happy Thursday.  



























1 comment:

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

I think my shot was a placebo because I didn't get sick, not even a little.