Monday, March 04, 2024

Snowy Monday and Miscellany




Bill just said, "Looking out the window, March Madness isn't just about basketball."

"Nope," I said. 

Four days into March and four days of snow.

Did we have a stretch that went that long in November, December, January and February?  

Maybe not. 

Anyway, I'll sound like a broken record by saying it was pretty again this morning. 

I did shovel a path to the shop and then walked with Bridie to the south woods, where still, walking through the snow is an option, thanks to the canopy above. 

I think one of the reasons I have tolerated the March snow better than ever is the absence of morning chores. That does make a big difference. 

And, while walking out in the woods, I looked at the snow with a sense of enjoyment. 

Still, it would be nice if it would stop, but Simon sez it may hang around through Wednesday. 



 


Once again after an early-morning snowfall, yesterday was mostly beautiful.  

I went to town and chose not to wear a coat.  By the time I had started down Selle Road, the snow began again putting down big flakes.  

I did not want to turn around and go back for a coat, and that turned out wise because the snow had stopped by the time I reached the store. 




Annie's spent the weekend in Kentucky on a personal geocaching mission.

 Since it involves finding geocaches in different counties, she has seen a lot of Kentucky history this weekend, including Abraham Lincoln's birthplace and a distillery. 

And, it looks like she saw a lot of sun and green grass. 





I don't think my indoor garden looks much like brownies this year.  

So, I'll put that comment aside. 

Stuff is growing, and I'm really pleased with my baby geraniums.  

I had to transplant one in a bigger pot because it must have a Jack-in-the-beanstalk gene. 

Even after the transplant, the geranium continues to grow up, up, up. 

Yesterday's trip to town involved getting some more potting soil for transplanting the tomatoes. 

Good project on a snowy day. 





Overnight I received a note from Xann Smith, a friend and writer.  She informed me that Bonners Ferry has additional reasons to be proud besides being home to the Idaho State 3A boys basketball team.

An alum of the Badgers AND Xann's nephew, Adam Hiatt has coached the Montana Tech Orediggers of Butte to its third Frontier Conference Tournament championship. 

Adam graduated from Bonners Ferry High School and played for the Badgers.  

His parents Russ and Sulet are Sandpoint High graduates.

Last year, Willie featured Adam as a guest on one of his Idaho Basketball Coaching podcasts. 

Always wonderful to enjoy the connections. 

Congratulations to Adam and the Orediggers. 

All great news for Bonners Ferry. 







It's about two weeks until St. Patrick's Day, so I'm getting revved up and will keep the spirit going with an Irish classic every so often. 

Here's today's. Enjoy. 

Happy Monday. 





No comments: