To summarize yesterday accurately would require living the day once more.
I think I would like to do that.
So many moments; so many soon to be treasured memories.
As I type, my longtime friend Susie is headed to her camper to soon be on the road for her family reunion in Bigfork, Mont.
As I look back on yesterday, I'll always remember the fun lunch at Sweet Lou's with Susie, our mutual friend Chris, Bill and my brother Mike.
While at Sweet Lou's, I actually finally met "Sweet Lou." He's pictured below. Yesterday he was working in the restaurant.
Sweet Lou will soon be a high school senior and he'll spend one more year as an accomplished member of the Sandpoint High School swim team.
He's a very nice young man and definitely worth of having a restaurant named after him (three, in fact).
Lunch was great fun, especially watching Mike getting acquainted with Chris and Susie. It didn't take much time for them to all find and share some commonalities.
Chris, a retired psychology professor, taught Mike's daughter Maureen at Pacific Lutheran University, and Susie spent two years traveling through South America where Mike has also spent time and developed a passion for several areas.
Another highlight of the day came when we went in search of raspberry jam. We happened on to two jars at Ken and Sandy Babin's house and another three at Jon Bair's home. Both happen to also have beautiful flowers adorning their respective homes.
In Susie's county of Delta in Colorado, a late freeze killed off this year's crops of fruit.
And, Susie likes jam or jelly on her toast, so she sought out anyone who had jam or jelly available.
We topped off the day sitting outside and listening to some of Susie's favorite music and some cowboy poetry.
Thanks to her, we have found a new performer (for us) whose work will receive abundant attention from now on.
She introduced us to country singer Dave Stamey. I have no idea how I've missed him all these years, but to have discovered him last night definitely added a highlight to the day.
And, to have discovered just this morning that he has performed with the Grinnell College Symphony orchestra added a special touch for Bill and me.
After all, when we have a son named Willie who has received an honorary doctorate from Grinnell, this music is even more special.
So, a great day with good friends and fun experiences and one I'll remember for a long, long time.
Susie has headed on down the road, and, at home, Bill and I will be reliving the wonderful moments of a very special day.
Enjoy the photos AND do listen to the music. I think Dave Stamey needs to be invited to perform at the Festival at Sandpoint.
Happy Wednesday.
The real "Sweet Lou"










No comments:
Post a Comment