Sunday, July 26, 2026

Fun and Frustration





Laurie Mitchell, Angie Weinand Cordes, Candy Crabb Moon, David Thompson and Roger Cordes. 


It was an honor to speak to the Sandpoint High Class of 1976 last evening.  

It was also an amazing turnout at the Elks Club. 

The reunion committee created a wonderful, well-planned and fun event. 

Of course, always the best part for an old (on both counts as in age and former)  teacher is to reconnect with students who attended the high school 50 years ago. 

I knew many of them as English students, drill team participants or Monticola yearbook staff members. 

Over the years, they have left their individual positive marks on their home community and in other parts of the country and the world.

Well done, Class of 1976. 

Again, thanks for your warm hospitality and friendship.  



Former County Treasurer Cheryl Wooden Piehl and hubby Brent. 

Below:  Cathy Crandell, good friend to some family members at state tournaments. 




A couple of cut-ups:  Laurie and Angie

Below:  Kirsten Thompson and Mark Johnson




Molly Cates and Hazel Vaughn



Above:  Sue Hatch Smith, bestower of gifts for the "most's."

Below:   Paul Tillberg and Patty Brown, emcees.  








          Over the past few days, I have been encountering some security problems with my main laptop.  

The situation escalated yesterday to the point that the computer was compromised enough for some outside source to gain control of it. 

Needless to say, rectifying this situation will be tedious and will take some time.  

Until that frustrating process is complete, I'll most likely miss a few days of publishing my blog.

There are no words to express the emotional toll something this awful and maddening has caused. 

I do have another laptop, but it needs some updates, so my computer use will be limited until I feel that everything is back in order and secure.

So, thank you for your patience.  

  


No comments: