Sunday, June 12, 2011

Snapping and batting . . . .


It's that time of year where the camera could stay busy virtually all day every day.

And, when the sun is shining in between thunder boomers between 6-8 p.m., the camera smiles.

Maybe the horse subjects don't, but the camera caught Mr. Lefty in an interesting post.

I still can't figure out how his ear got bent like that all on its own, but the camera says it did, so I won't argue.

I was going to saddle up Lily last night, but just to the north of us, thunder was interrupting what should have been a calm June evening.

Then, came the rain. Wet horses meant no go on the ride.

So, I snapped photos at home and then jumped in the car, driving around our farm country out here.

As always, I wish my camera could capture more high quality shots, but some of them turned out fun, if not good reminders of why we love this country when summer comes.

Bill went fishing last night after his geocaching seminar.

I drove over to Trout Creek to take some pictures toward the end of the activity, but the mosquitoes---oh my!  

Forget the camera; hands were too busy batting away those blood-sucking bugs.

Even at the parking lot, their numbers were intimidating. A spray can of Off inside the car helped me survive as I visited with some of the participants.

Bill said they were beyond belief in a lot of the cache areas, closer to the river.

In my memory of this area, I don't think I ever recall mosquitoes that bad or that hungry.

How high's the water, Mama?

Six feet high and risin' !

Guess it's time for that water to recede a bit and send those mosquitoes elsewhere.

Bill's seminar went well in spite of the constant irritants.

Today we'll be attending a graduation party with some longtime friends, so I'll probably mow some lawn and maybe sneak a quick ride on Lily before the party.

And, we'll take along some repellant, just in case the party's outside.

Have a nice Sunday. Enjoy the photos.

Now that I think of it, maybe that was a giant mosquito landing on Lefty's left ear.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, love the rainbow over the fence. The other photos are great too - the one of lefty is really amusing.
Janet