Saturday, June 23, 2012

Saturday Slight


My sisters' new babies:  Jessie and Meggie
Red Heelers aka Australian Cattle Dogs

Barbara and Laurie lost a dear canine friend about a month ago. These little gals arrived from Missouri yesterday and have already done a lot to fill up the "hole-in-the-heart" pain from Pita's loss.

My sisters allowed me to go along with them as they drove to Spokane Airport's cargo area to pick up their new friends.

Oh, what a day it was with cuddling, baby talk, tripping over leashes carried by the little girls and just plain admiring their supreme cuteness. 

They're adorable little munchkins, and they've already intimidated our pup Foster,  met Tibbs Arabian's horses and the cats.   So far unscathed on all counts!

I haven't heard how the night went, but I don't think a little sleeplessness from whimpering pups would bother Barbara and Laurie one bit.  

The kids behind the crying will bring them great joy as Meggie and Jessie grow up on a farm filled with love.

~~~~~

It's a lovely mild morning out there.  The papers have not yet arrived, and still I'm running a bit late posting on the blog.

On my morning walk to the north, I admired Meserve's front border of wild roses, which are popping out wine-colored blossoms all over the place. 

I'm betting those roses have been there for a long, long time, judging from the size of the bushes. 

After passing Meserve's, I saw Janice Johnson out watering flowers near her house.  She came down to the road, and we did our usual catch-up on moms, dogs and, of course, our competing lawns.

Janice always has me beat in the last category.  She even joked that maybe I should be back working in my yard rather than out walking.  

I told her I needed to build up some energy to tackle my home projects.  

Today the lawnmower will go into full gear again.  We've had so much wind that the front yard is covered with twigs, leaves and, of course, that never-ending carpet of cotton from the trees.

We're supposed to have a rainy weekend, but so far it's holding off and maybe the yard projects will get completed.

With Willie at basketball camp, Debbie accompanied us to dinner last night at Mick Duffs.  I said a good night is when it's a Friday and you can actually find an empty table at the downtown pub where the owners just won some American Beer awards for their brews.

Last night was a good night cuz we found an empty table without waiting. 

During our time there,  I even visited with a bounty hunter who was out and about with flyers of missing persons. 

I can't even begin to imagine what bounty hunting must entail, but this former student seems to enjoy it. 

I think my friend Helen is coming back today from her two weeks in Alaska.  It will be good to have her handy at her computer so I don't have to wait an hour for her morning blog inspection. 

I think the puppy picture looks okay, though, so on that note, I'll sign off and wish everyone a happy Saturday.
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What adorable puppies! And a great picture too. How did you get them to hold still for it?
Janet

MLove said...

Simply a LUCKY Kodak moment.

Word Tosser said...

they are adorable... so that is what the big surprise was..lol Congratulations Barbara and Laurie.