Friday, December 18, 2015

Double Shovel Day and THE FORCE


THE FORCE HAS AWAKENED north of Sandpoint. 




Lots of snow this morning and still coming down, which means it's also been a "double-shovel" day for me.  

First task:  shovel paths from the house for pups to do their thing.  

Next:  shovel my way to the barn and into the barnyard.  

Then, after that, the snow shovel takes a break while the barn shovel goes into motion to clean the horse stalls. 

Yes, the Force has awakened around here this morning AND in other places.  

While Bill was out plowing with the tractor, I received a somewhat frantic call from my sister:  low water pressure and water under the house AND she had to get to school for that last festive day before vacation. 

Since then, several calls have been made to folks in the know about the water system, and the mystery has not yet been solved except to learn that low water pressure seems to be a symptom in several homes on system.

More parts of the mystery must be solved.  So that means I'm NOT headed over to Northside School early this morning to photograph the end of an institution aka the retirement of longtime school secretary, Nancy Rinaldi. 

So, I sent a note to Christa who had asked me to come, told her I could not come and then mentioned something about how the best laid plans Of Mice and Men don't always work out.   

And, it appears to me that The Force may have something to do with this water debacle.

After writing to Christa and calling another water system official, I called Laurie, who is on her way to school, and told her it may be a water system problem.  

During that conversation, I was trying to talk to Laurie on the phone upstairs when Bill came in from plowing and immediately started answering questions from downstairs that I was asking my sister on the phone upstairs. 

It got confusing, and I told Laurie that it was confusing, to which she announced to me, "You should know how to multi-task."  

This coming from someone who had just minutes before called me in panic mode.  

I told her I don't multitask well while talking on the phone to her and yelling at my husband downstairs. 

Long story short, I don't think this story has an end yet, but my blog post will end because I still need to call the head honcho of the water system and see what to do about the three inches of water under my sisters' house.

Of course, during our multitasking conversation, Laurie worried (she's a bigtime worrier) that whatever is wrong with the Colburn water system might be a problem at their house.  
To which I said, "Quit the worrying.  I'll do the worrying, and you just go to school."

She said, "Okay."  

So now I'm worrying a lot and thinking about The Force Awakening and hoping there are some action heroes out there who can solve the situation.  

Which brings to mind, my daughter joined the masses and attended the big movie last night.  I must say she looked pretty good too. 

We call her Precious, and would not mind calling her Princess Leia. 

No comments: