Thursday, June 27, 2019

Country Road Stuff and TBT






For beginners:  it's the Sandpoint way.



To the pooping Goose:  Vamoose!

To the residential shrub-eating moose, you keep running loose!



Until today, I have chosen not to enter into the "pooping-geese-at-City- Beach" controversy. 

I don't ever go to City Beach cuz I'm old, fat and far from tan. 

Plus, I've never experienced the pleasure of green goose shit oozing between my toes.

I have, however, endured a dump of a large lump of glue-like pigeon shit in my newly washed hair. 

Not cool and definitely a reason to send all the pigeons to Coeur d'Alene where they can poop on someone else's hair. 

But there's really no need for me to add to all the suggestions dealing with how to rid the beach of fresh goose droppings. 

That said, I have not heard anyone mention Pampers.  

If these geese can be banded and hauled down to Coeur d'Alene so the people down there can walk in their poop, I'm thinking that the same "catch-before-you-release" methods be used to fit 'em all with some diapers or poop bags much like they do with those pathethic-looking horses that stand all day on the hot cement in cities waiting for the next "turists" to take a ride. 

Seems if they'd try that method of poop collection, everyone could co-exist and get the full experience of enjoying nature at City Beach. 

Just an idea. 

Anyway, I guess the geese left town early yesterday morning for release in the Coeur d'Alene area, but the moose are still gleefully ambling around Sandpoint, moving from house to house, eating the shrubs.  

Where the heck do they poop?

Does someone clean it up?

Just questions running through my mind as I keep reading about the goose controversy.

Seems to me the moose have a pretty good deal, cuz after all, the turists like to see them.  

I'm guessing they're getting off scot free cuz their poop doesn't go squish between the toes.

In other news, we received a good, soaking rain overnight, and I'm hoping the Woods got all their hay in before the downpour. 

Hayfield activity in the area has begun, and soon, probably next week, if the weather holds, it will be going full speed ahead. 

The rain should provide an added boost for the hay crop, which I'm told needs every bit of help it can get this year. 

Guess that's enough muttering for this wet Thursday.  

Enjoy the photos and the TBT's. 

Happy Thursday, and, while you're driving around town looking for moose on the loose, do go to City Beach.
  
It's been liberated!

Gooseless in Sandpoint!














Thursday Throwbacks and Flowers


Back in the good ol' days, the Tibbs family and the Cross family were good friends.

We knew each other because of Appaloosa horses AND because of a love for the outdoors and fishing.

A couple of times, we got together on Father's Day and went on fishing/picnics.

One time, Bill and Betty Cross had raised meat chickens.  Our picnic included several chicken halves along with the other food items.

The size of those chunks of meat is etched in my memory.  I think everyone could eat their own half a chicken that day.  Can't remember if I did.

Betty also taught health at Sandpoint Junior High School, so a lot of folks from my era should remember Mrs. Cross.

We enjoyed many good times together over the years. 



My older brother Mike when the family still lived in town on Euclid. 



Mike, Kevin, Marianne and No. 1 of Batch Two, little sister Barbara. 

Later, came Laurie and then Jim. 

Older brother Mike with one of our bulls in the front pasture.

I chose the photo because it reminds me of the view south of our North Boyer home.

That's our hay field and then the airport down near those trees.

The trees were on ground owned by Ed Senft when we first moved to the farm in 1950. 

Later came Heath's, Bidwells, Altons, Crapes, and the plot of land was split up. 

Quest Aircraft Manufacturing Co. now occupies a portion of it.

The area in the hay field and the pasture is now airport hangars. 











A

No comments: