Sunday, November 17, 2019

Gloom Magnified








And, just how gloomy IS it, anywho?

Well, for starters, the only light that pesky house fly---which I keep batting away----seems to find is my computer screen. 

Even my Facebook feed this morning was not very uplifting. 

It brought up a photo I'd posted four years ago:  snow, drizzle and mud in the driveway.  Blah. Blah. Blah. 

You would think Facebook would try to brighten things up. 

But no.

It's gloomy out there and in here and the weather people say we can expect gloom for the next couple of days.

We haven't endured a sequence of gloom for a long time.  

It used to be a staple here in North Idaho for days on end during this time of the year and off and on for several months afterward.

But the weather's been generally bright for the past couple of years. 

I guess we're doing catch-up on gloom and doom. Seems to be fitting for these times.  

Unfortunately, we have no choice but to deal with it, and, as we always know or receive reminders:  it could be a lot worse. 

When gloom and doom comes around in North Idaho, we have to get really creative about pretending that it's not really as depressing as it looks and acts out there. 

Or, we can just go back to bed or eat a lot. 

Since I don't like going back to bed or adding any more pounds, I'll have to find some way to ignite my creative juices. 

In the meantime, I did find a few minutes yesterday, after finishing off the latest leaf pickup in the yard, to grab a few not-too-gloomy pictures. 

But I must tell you, the light was pretty subdued wherever I went.  Still, the activity helped my mental outlook. 

And, some of the scenes, though they be dark, added some spice to my Saturday, especially the car up the Trout Creek Road, carrying the Christmas tree home.  

During the day, I couldn't help but think of Annie down there in the 80-degree Arizona desert buzzing around in a jeep with her geocaching friends IN SHORTS and wearing a sun hat.  

I was jealous. 

Today we have rain to go with the gloom and doom.  The bright side:  it's washing away the snow.

And, so, that's enough for today.  

I have creative challenges ahead as it gets darker and darker, and we're still more than eight hours away from today's regularly scheduled darkness. 

Maybe the video below will get me off to a good start.  A week ago Jon Brownell's SHS choir came and serenaded a group of us at a downtown restaurant with this song.

 I loved their performance so much I wanted to get up and dance. 

Hopefully, the song and its message will reverberate throughout the day and put a little light in my day and maybe even yours. 


Happy Sunday. Let there be light!

BTW:  the hopeful photo at the end was taken a couple of days ago when I saw some blue sky just before dusk.   






















No comments: