Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Sleep! Thank you, Seattle







Five twenty!

I looked again.

My eyes were not deceiving me. 

Yes, the clock said 5:20 a.m.

I scrambled quickly, knowing dogs had been waiting for their cheese, including Kiwi, her meds.  Festus was probably starving in his domain. 

Mom was running an hour late this morning.  At least, it wasn't yet time to feed the horses.

For a while, I couldn't figure out why I had slept so soundly.  Then, as my brain came to life, I remembered the last moments of my Monday. 

It was Seattle's fault. 

Two days of watching Seattle teams win big games had taken its toll.

And, almost seconds after Russell Wilson had set up that amazing last second win for the Seahawks over the undefeated '49'ers, I drifted off into an uninterrupted slumber, lasting an hour longer than usual. 

No sleepless in Sandpoint after last night's exciting nail biter. 

Two days in a row stress associated with the home team had caused my brain, mind and body to shut down.  

It must have needed a break, for sure. 

I don't know if the dogs or cats really care why their breakfast was late this morning, but I do know that it would be fun to live in Seattle this week. 

After all, today, two home teams will be celebrating epic victories, and for a while, I'm sure everyone in Seattle will claim Sounder and Seahawk fan status. 

Quite a pair of games, which have no doubt exhausted a lot of bodies and minds of diehards. 

Oh, so sweet, though. 

I've admired Russell Wilson since he first started as Seattle's quarterback----talented, committed athlete and wonderful role model. 

Last night the color commentators mentioned several times how Russell Wilson uses visualization while approaching each upcoming game.  In last night's case, he had visualized a "down-to-the-wire" ending.  

This man appears to be not only a talented athlete but also a prophet because I don't know how any contest could get any more down-to-the-wire than last night's overtime win. 

At one point, feeling the extreme tension, I said to Bill, "This reminds me of some of those nail biter ZAGS games." 

Usually football can get exciting but it doesn't have that kind of effect on me.  

Happily, twas a perfect ending signaling a near perfect day today in Seattle when the Sounders celebration probably spills over into a Seahawk celebration. 

I saw the following tweet this morning, indicating that there was a bit of FANdamonium in Seattle on Sunday as the Sounders won the MLS Cup in another exciting and loud contest.  


The Seattle Sounders scored three goals in their win over Toronto in the MLS Cup championship and fans were so excited, their celebrations registered on earthquake-sensing equipment.

Congratulations, Seattle.  

I doubt that two days of sporting events like what we've witnessed with Seattle teams on Sunday and Monday can ever repeat themselves again. 

So today's celebration will probably be epic in itself, maybe even registering some significant decibels on the earthquake sensors.   

With luck, maybe tomorrow I'll be able to once again get up on time for my dogs and cats.

But wait!

There's a Gonzaga men's game tonight. 

Please, no nail biter trifecta!  

A good game, with a win, of course, will be okay for Mom, thus sayeth Liam, Foster, Kiwi and Festus.  



GO, ZAGS vs. those North Dakota Fighting Hawks. 

6 p.m. PST on Channel 6/ ROOT. 

~~~~~~

Finally, in the "Morning Has Broken" department, my morning broke at the usual 4:15 time yesterday.

The sky, especially over Taylor's field was exquisitely stunning as I walked our dirt road after early-morning chores. 

Hope you enjoy today's sample of what Mother Nature sometimes creates for us, especially when we arise and head outside during the break of day. 

Happy Tuesday. 















No comments: