Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Springing and Isolating in Selle






I’m scurrying today because of an 8 a.m. phone meeting, so this Tuesday post will be briefer than usual. 

Bill and I are discovering a new Internet that reminds us a whole lot of the early Internet where the time involved posting pictures or waiting for them to fully appear meant going off and doing several chores.

Last night I tried posting today's pictures, starting at about 7:30 p.m.  At 9:15, when four more needed to load, I canceled.

This morning's posting at 4:15 went much faster. 

Also, Bill sent some photos to Caroline Lobsinger at the Daily Bee around 9 yesterday morning.  They arrived at Caroline's computer late in the afternoon.  

Times are different, good and bad, on the Internet, but we all learn to adjust.   

Anyway, signs of spring have been abounding lately, even if we still have some snow around. 

Grass is turning greener every day, and I’ve been monitoring the daffodil right next to the barn door. 

Each day it's getting closer to letting go with a big burst of springtime yellow, thus starting the much awaited color show.

Maybe it will pop open today.

 After all, we may get into the 60s this afternoon.

This is the time each year, and thankfully so this year, that pretty much every direction I look, I see work.

It’s good work:  fence painting, sowing seeds, transplanting baby plants and soon lawn mowing.

Yesterday, some friends from the neighborhood rode by on their horses.

“We’ve had enough of cabin fever,” one said, and, of course, they were doing their best to keep their social distance.

One of them, a former student named Sarah told me her daughter was training to be an English teacher. 

"I told her about the light fixtures in your classroom," she added.  Took me a second but then I remembered those six fixtures represented the coordinating conjunctions, "and, or, nor, for, but, yet."  

Sometimes it takes a lightbulb or two to make something stick.  I guess that lesson took hold and hung on for Sarah's lifetime.  

Nice!

BTW:  in the cabin fever department, Bill has a story for curing that in today's Daily Bee




https://bonnercountydailybee.com/news/2020/apr/07/getting-outdoors-during-uncertain-times-7/

Today I’ll probably be seeing my sister Laurie----from a distance and handing over her birthday card.

I have a feeling she'll be going for a birthday horseback ride or two or maybe even three.   

While on the subject of birthdays, an unexpected and welcome call came yesterday from my longtime friend Patti.

“I have some joy,” she said. 
 
“And what is that?” I asked.

Patti happily announced  that her extended family had just grown by two on April 5----twin boys.  

These young men weighing in at 7 pounds-plus apiece happen to be grandsons to one of Laurie’s classmates and teaching colleagues.

Congratulations to all. 

Yes, that is very joyful news. 

We all hope and pray that these little guys can grow up in a better, kinder world and that they will get to enjoy the same wholesome life here in Sandpoint that Patti and I have known and loved. 

Nice visiting with you, Patti.  A gift, especially these days. 

Lots of beautiful weather, spring projects lie ahead---all lovely distractions; nonetheless, it's extremely difficult to think about the sadness and fear continually unfolding virtually everywhere in the world. 
 
Still hard to believe.



Just no words but emotions aplenty. 

Happy Tuesday.  
















Finally, you may have noticed of late that I've become the Facebook pilferer----having stolen neat material twice from my niece Laura.  

I think you'll agree that today's steal is well worth the effort.  Thanks, Laura.




No comments: