Monday, May 04, 2020

Roadside Scenes






I am happy to report for my friend Helen that these are NOT renegade cows. 

These are cows AND calves that know their boundaries.

These are also cows and calves that an old gal can walk up to and talk to with no concern they'll suddenly charge me. 

That cattle guard is a great deterrant, so Leonard Wood's Red Angus cows stay home, at least when being tempted by Woodside Road.


The only problem I encountered with these beautiful neighborhood cows and calves yesterday was that they were not in a hurry to cross the road.

That bovine reluctance cut short my plan to drive all the way down the road.

That was okay, though, cuz they sure didn't mind posing and looking me square in the face. 

I snapped some photos and said hello a couple of times and then went on my way. 

My short picture-taking trip around the neighborhood took me to West Selle Road and down North North Boyer to Bronx Road and back home.  

Spring vibrance is a popping all over, so I can point the car pretty much any direction and capture some peaceful and pastoral scenes. 

We had a crazy weather day yesterday, so outside work was a bit limited.  Bill continued his project of cleaning the utility shed at the end of the lane. 

He has hauled lots of "stuff" to the dump, including some industrial waste.  He said the line-up to deliver his goods to the proper area at the landfill was definitely a "wait-in-line" situation. 

"Well," I said, "whaddya supposed a lot of other people like us are doing?"  

We agreed, based on our conversations with friends and observations, that this pandemic period has put people to work, specifically those who are retired or who live on a farm.

Lots of clean-up, sprucing up, gardening, lawn work for those of us who prefer to spend our time outdoors. 

Anyway, that utility area reflects days of meticulous sorting out weathered junk and hauling off.  

Nice, neat stacks of wood, old cut boards and a chopping area in one bay, much more room for the hay elevator, a boat and the brush hog in another and a soon-to-be opened up bay with plenty of room for the drift boat.

My fence is a day or so away from being painted, and I've counted up 20 gallons of white paint to complete the project.  Many of those empty buckets went with Bill to the dump on Saturday. 

As I said before, there's a whole lotta outdoor tender loving care going on among us rural folks. 

And, to have these projects has been a blessing, for sure. 

We'll keep at it as the weather warms up and gardens can go into full gear.




















Northern Ireland artist Billy Austin calls it a leisurely ride past Seagoe Parish Church in his community of Portadown, County Armagh, Ireland.

Seagoe Parish is a part of the Church of Ireland.

The scene kinda inspires me to think about having CB trained to a cart.  Maybe some leisurely rides around our neighborhood could be fun.





Last October on our trip to Ireland, Bill and I stopped to check out this display along the sidewalk in a Dingle Peninsula village, which has its own claim to Star Wars filming fame.

Amazing artwork done with tire remnants.

~~~~~

Finally, I'll dedicate this video to Annie, who has loved  Star Wars since the beginning.

It is performed by the Prague Film Orchestra. 

Annie was supposed to have been in Prague at this time for a work-related geocaching event.  Obviously, that did not happen.

So, here's a little something from Prague for you, Annie.
Enjoy your Fourth!






1 comment:

Helen said...

Good conclusion - I don't see any renegade cows among this herd either. But whenever I hear either word - "renegade" or "cows" - my mind immediately springs to "Renegade Cows" which, no doubt, is something I never would have been introduced to without you!

Beautiful pictures as always.