Thursday, May 14, 2020

Selle Scenes, Shopping; SELLEbration








I met Tyren yesterday. 

He's a student at North Idaho College who will be transferring to the University of Idaho in the fall. 

Tyren, who also graduated from Sandpoint High School, lives out in our neighborhood.

Our meeting happened under the big flag at Yoke's Grocery in Ponderay. 

I parked in Slot B, added a number to my cell phone and then texted a confirmation code for my groceries. 

About five minutes later, Tyren had placed my groceries in the back of the car, our conversation ended with Tyren saying he hoped I would come again. 

I assured him I would and then drove home. 

Day One of online grocery shopping turned out to be 100 percent successful. 

No glitches.  No worries.  Absolutely no stress.

After sitting here at the computer, placing my order on Yoke's online grocery site, I paid with my credit card, received an email confirming my purchases along with a note to show up at Yoke's about four hours later.  

Bill, the usual grocery shopper here in our house of two, had gone to work for Inland Forest Management for the first time in several weeks.

So, it seemed like a good time to give this method of shopping a try. 

And, now I wonder why I haven't gone this route sooner. 

Happily, Yoke's now has my information for payment and a record of what I've purchased.  I can use the latter in future shopping and make the ordering process go even more quickly. 

Besides grocery shopping going so well, I had the opportunity to meet Tyren, who is a very engaging young man. 

Thanks, Yoke's, and thanks, Tyren. 

This seems like a wise option, especially with the opening up of Idaho and the chance that more people will be traveling to the Sandpoint area. 

Now, more than ever, and especially during the summer and fall, it seems prudent to take even more care in avoiding Covid 19. 

So, having the online grocery shopping opportunity could truly be a life-saving gift.

We had a lot of rain yesterday, and the Selle Valley seems to get greener by the hour. 

Plus, these days mark the beginnings of what I believe  to be the ultimate of outdoor pastel beauty.  

All those blossoms of trees and bushes are adding to the scene just as fast as that grass is growing and greening up. 

Within the next day or two, our big apple tree should light up like nothing we've seen before. 

After all, our new friend Truk, gave it a thorough pruning several weeks ago.   

Upon examination the other evening, I discovered the beginnings of hundreds of blossoms just in the early stage of emergence. 

Can't wait to see them in their glory and, of course, to take those photos and send to Truk, who has returned to his home area in Northern California. 

Finally, today, I've included a birthday card for Emma, who has turned 18 today in her hometown of Berlin, Germany.

As with everything during these Pandemic times, her big event marks a celebration along with a reminder that the normal "moments" of life are so different these days.

We hope she and her family have made the most of this special day of hers. 

I guess we are all becoming more creative by the day, and that is a good thing.  

More transferring of plants to their summer homes today as Bill spends another day on the job. 

Happy Thursday to all. 












Twas nap time when I drove past Gary Finney's field yesterday afternoon.

His two babies were snoozing in opposite directions. 





Worms have had a heyday, showing up above ground pretty much everywhere, thanks to the abundant rain. 









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just ran across this Love puzzle and thought of you:

https://ww.artsmaper.com/products/love-stamps-1000-piece-jigsaw-puzzle?fbclid=IwAR3p0f-6M70dFj2N46vyLXC6EZCc4J6vqLwAegmpoif1_NlkaAowaAUkZXc