Friday, May 22, 2020

ZAP Day with New Twist









I'll be spending some time with tinfoil on my head today.

Maybe it will help me understand some of the insanity we've observed in our country to go along with the Pandemic. 

According to vernacular experts, tinfoil heads love to embrace conspiracies.  

So, maybe while Sally is wrapping portions of my hair in pieces of tin foil, applying color to each and then letting it sit for a while, I can become enlightened. 

Who knows---when I come home, maybe I'll drink some of that Kool Aid or maybe even order up some hydroclocksychloroform or something like that. 

Wait!  

Doesn't chloroform cause death?

Maybe I'd better hold off on that!

In all seriousness, I do have a hair appointment today---first one since March 7. 

Back on March 7, when Sally Zavala "zapped" my hair, I was counting the days, hours and minutes until our trip to Ireland. 

That countdown ended in a hurry, but I DID have nice highlights in my hair for first part of the shutdown.  I'm sure the horses, dogs, cats and Bill appreciated the color. 

Well, ten weeks later those highlights have definitely faded.  So, as my sister said to me so many years ago when I asked her if I should have something done to my graying hair:  Marianne, it's time. 

Of course, today there will be masks and disinfectant and extreme care. Hopefully, all the precautions will also ensure that the tinfoil will not inject too much craziness into my brain.

After all, it already has an abundant supply. 

Uggy weather out there today, but there's a promise of a decent weekend.  Yesterday I finally had to haul some cart loads of gravel to the barnyard gate area.

I was pretty sure that one more time of coercing the horses to go through the gate while returning from pasture wasn't gonna happen. 

Happily, this morning, the gravel has done the trick, and if it will just stop raining, maybe that area will have a chance to dry up. 

After a full morning of rainy-day kitchen activity, I have a new batch of raspberry/blueberry jelly.   

And, yes, Tom, if you or Joanne are listening, I'll try to remember to drop a jar by today. 

This Pandemic has done a number of my friend's "keep-fill" jelly service, so I'll try to make his day today.  

We're expecting a fairly active weekend with a few guests passing through, so it's time to give the keyboard and your eyes a break and get to work. 

Happy Friday. Stay away from tinfoil. 

  
















No comments: