Friday, December 10, 2021

Friday Assorteds

 




These are Irish donkeys. 

 I was planning to have this photo made into a print, but the proportions were wrong, so I decided to use it today. 

Though they may never rival the sheep numbers, donkeys are a common scene in Ireland. 

This pair lives on Molly's Farm near Kenmare, Ireland.



This is soup, made at my friend Chris's home.

She uses a wonton/cilantro combination from Costco and adds a few veggies and broth. 

We enjoyed the soup, some organic lettuce with Litehouse sesame seed dressing (YUM), some cheese, crackers and apples along with a glass of my birthday wine yesterday. 

Food was good, and conversation was the best, as it always is when Chris and I get together. For some reason, our dog stories seemed to be the lead topic. 

As the Pandemic moves on, taking its toll, and as we all get a day older, saying far too many permanent good bye's to folks we know, my appreciation for personal interactions with longtime friends continues to grow.  

They are truly the treasures of this life.  



I loved this lamp, which sits on a table in the lobby of Chris and her sister Judy's duplex. 

Turns out it was a treasure Judy found somewhere at a second hand store.  

I can't believe that somebody gave it up because it is so beautiful.

It was a good move, though, because where it sits now is definitely a perfect spot for visitors to admire it. 





Last night I decided to use my iPhone and see what kind of photos I could capture of ornaments on the Christmas tree out on the deck. 

It was dark, except for the lights and very difficult to see the ornaments.  

I managed to find a few and came up with some interesting and unusual lighting and color effects.

Twas a fun little experiment.  









  

Below:  it has taken nearly two weeks of persistent purring and gentle pursuit, but Sunny is making headway in establishing a friendship with Bridie.

This morning they spent a little quality time in the alcove where Sunny stays while I take horses to pasture and clean stalls. 

Quite a contrast from the scene during the day when little Foster spends hours staring at and crying to Sunny as she maintains her perch at the upper part of the hay stack. 

I think Foster may have chased Sunny, while, so far, Bridie runs the other way.

Like so many things in this life, it's all relative. 

Bridie still isn't quite sure if Sunny can be her friend, but it's fun watching the relationship unfold.

I told Bridie this morning that since she, Sunny and Lily are the three gals among the beloveds, they need to stick together. 

We'll see if that works. 

It's a beautiful morning out there, kinda crisp and a bit cold but so far no new snow. I like it. 

Happy Friday.   



Since the last photo shows a barn scene, why not enjoy "Away in the Manger" this morning. 






No comments: