Thursday, December 09, 2021

Social Moments



"How do I look, Mom?"

That's what Princess Bridie seemed to be saying with her expression as she sat calmly on the exam table yesterday, waiting for the doctor. 

I must say that except for one little interlude prior to that moment when the tech inserted a thermometer into her posterior, Bridie took her first veterinarian visit totally in stride.  

If I could only borrow some of her doctor's office calm, cool and collectedness, maybe I'd have a chance to find out more things wrong with me. 

For some reason, I'm not that desperate nor that curious. 

So, for now, I prefer facilitating doctor's visits for others.  Never minded going on the dozens of visits my mother made during her last years. 

After all, the doc was looking at her, not me. 

Same is true with the animals, most of the time, especially if it's a get-acquainted and get poked visit like Bridie's was yesterday. 

Bridie made it through the temperature read but, like all women, she couldn't disguise the fact that she's seen the food dish a few too many times in her 15 weeks of life. 

Thirty pounds, the scales said!

"Can't feel her ribs," the tech said, adding that she doesn't need to go on a diet but that she needs to eat out of her own food dish and that her meals need to be regulated OR she may have a fat problem. 

Bridie and I will talk about that, cuz I can identify, still remembering years and years ago when Dr. Wilbur Hayden would suggest to me a pushing exercise aka pushing myself away from the table. 

It was truly amazing that he was always able to make that common assessment without searching for my ribs. 

Twas adulthood, when I couldn't zip my jeans without lying on a bed and my clothing sizes were threatening to expand toward triple digit that I finally took Dr. Hayden's guidance. 

At least, Bridie won't have to worry about bursting out of her pants. 

All in all, it was a great veterinary visit, so much so that Bridie fell asleep on the exam room floor. I had to nudge her to get up and accompany me out the door. 

She is now on a schedule for a booster in a month and some little-girl surgery in February.  




After the vet appointment I had more in-town items to do, including a visit to Evans Bros. coffee, where whom did I see?

We agreed that it had probably been 21 years since Morgan Douglas and I last talked. 

We first became acquainted when he was a brilliant and creative student in my honors English class. 

He was visiting with a friend when our eyes met in instant recognition.  

Morgan is now in Sandpoint working on his Master's Degree in mental health counseling.  

He said that working full time in marketing at the University of Idaho along with earning a Master's in his field was not a good match.  

So, he moved home to work on the degree. 

Since returning to Sandpoint Morgan has found time, however, to teach dancing lessons to couples.

He explains the offerings on his Facebook page entitled "Living Room Dance Sandpoint." 




   Living Room Dance provides the Sandpoint area with private and group dance lessons for waltz, American tango, foxtrot, salsa, cha-cha, bachata, kizomba, East Coast Swing, Lindy Hop, and West Coast Swing. 

Our focus is on partner connection and mechanics that allow dancers to communicate clearly regardless of dance style.

For more information, you can probably contact him via the FB page. 

Nice to reconnect with you, Morgan. 



 If you are looking for a Sandpoint connection on TV, you can tune into tomorrow night's University of Montana vs. James Madison University college football play-off.

No. 66 for the Grizzlies is Sandpoint High graduate Brandon Casey. 

I'm told by Brandon's friend Emma of Love family foreign exchange fame that Brandon will be starting tomorrow night. 

You can watch the game at 4 p.m. PST on ESPN2. 

Good luck, Brandon and the Griz!





Bart, Anne Marie and Brandon Casey with Emma and friends. 

Finally, today the social calendar (which is pretty rare for me) includes lunch with my dear friend Chris.  

She's making soup, and together, I'm sure as usual, we'll make plenty of conversation.  

We've talked many a mile together on our driving adventures over the years.  

Today, no driving just lunch. I'll do my best to do that pushing away exercise which Dr. Hayden suggested so long ago. 



Happy Thursday. 

Since I've decided our new little pup will be lovingly called "Princess Bridie," how about the Celtic Woman singing "Three Kings" for today's Christmas music. 



With all this social stuff, I almost forgot:  it's GAME DAY today.

Gonzaga vs. Merrimack

6 p.m PST on ROOT/KHQ Channel 6

GO, ZAGS!!!










No comments: