Wednesday, December 08, 2021

Winter Seens

 



If there's anything cuter than a dog with snow all over its nose, I'd guess that chickadees could win the contest. 

Our chickadees were so busy and so noisy yesterday as they flitted from the bird feeder to the bush, back to the bird feeder, etc.

When I saw this little bird on sitting on a branch with its snow covered nose, thankfully, my camera was fast enough to catch the image before the bird launched off. 

Again, one of the many simple delights of being surrounded by animals, especially on a snowy day. 

Horses were having a good time too, racing and chasing through the new layer of powder. 

Speaking of which, I see that Schweitzer Ski Area is reopening again today now that temps have gone down and more snow has fallen on the mountain. 

Good for Schweitzer. 

So far, I haven't complained much about the snow down here in the valley because it's been manageable and picturesque. 

My day yesterday was fairly productive, especially because I finished decorating the tree.  

The feeling of satisfaction was short-lived, however, because after finishing the tree, I sat down for the afternoon caffeine break, which usually involves catching up on some news (when I'm not watching the latest recording of "Yellowstone").

I can watch TV without wearing glasses, but my glasses do refine the images.  My glasses are usually on the end table next to the loveseat.  

When not there, I've usually left them on the kitchen island.  You see I don't need to wear them all the time, so they included a string for around my neck.

Long story short, my satisfying day suddenly turned into "wasted days and wasted nights."  

I spent the afternoon looking for those glasses, and, as yet, have not found them. 

I even texted Bill and asked if he'd seen Bridie running off with them after I'd gone to bed. 

"She prefers the other end of the loveseat," he responded. 

"Funny," I texted back. 

I have searched under things, in things, walked the lane, called Home Depot where I knew I didn't wear my glasses for shopping, searched under more things, spent hours mentally retracing steps taken the previous day and even called to see how much replacements will be:  $300-plus. 

Even St. Anthony hasn't helped me find my glasses.

Happily, I keep a lot of things, and last night I found the most a set of prescription glasses which preceded the lost pair. 

A little cleaning and a test in front of the TV, and it seems these glasses will work. 

Bill and I both agreed that those glasses will turn up when I least expect them.  I just hope they don't get tromped under the snow before that happens OR possibly chewed. 

Or, by the time I find the glasses, maybe I'll be getting in line with a whole bunch of contemporaries who are reporting on Facebook another series of cataract surgeries, only to be cheered on by those who have already had their cataract surgeries. 

Seems that's the one common surgery where people are ecstatic from Day 1.  Seems like that's a feeling I'm anticipating in the next few months. 

In the meantime, if I can watch TV with the old glasses, that's what I'll do. 

In other news, Miss Bridie will go to her first veterinary appointment today. 

I'm excited for her to meet the staff at Center Valley Vets, and I have a feeling they may fall in love.  She'll have a couple of shots and probably get wormed, and we'll schedule upcoming visits.  

As for that little dog, we are both SO in love.  Granted, she has her moments during the evening hours when gears switch to high speed, almost likes she's on Speed. 

And, she still makes a few potty errors---probably 90 percent at doing business where business should be done. 

By now, Liam and Foster have totally accepted her into their circle, so all is well. 

We actually haven't done too bad with puppydom.  It was a good and happy move, and we think Bridie's just as happy as we are. 

Life is good.

Happy Wednesday. 
 
























1 comment:

Dennis Brady said...

Sorry about the glasses, been there. I’ve been using https://www.zennioptical.com for years and love them. Qualify specks at great prices. Usually my $400+ progressives cost me under $100. Everyone I know that wears glasses that try them out are hook. Up load your prescription, choose your style and bingo.