Monday, June 05, 2023

Monday Miscellany

 





It's Monday morning, and I'm thinking more than usual about my word and picture choices today. 

Will the Blogger Nazis come after me again?

Is this need to review individual posts for the Blogger community a new thing?

In 18 years of blogging almost every single day, I have never had a post shut down and labeled with warnings until yesterday. 

I still am hoping the whole incident was a glitch in the blogger inner sanctum.

For those who checked in later in the day, I must explain that yesterday's blog post was shut down just minutes after I published it. 

Then, came the labels about the post needing to be suitable for the blogger community.  Then, the option of "entering at your own risk," and, with that, you had to sign in to prove you were old enough to read the post. 

I was totally gobsmacked, to say the least. 

Fortunately, readers signed in, and others gave suggestions for how to fix it.  

Some readers suggested what might have set off the system reaction:  maybe "bareback" when I was referring to birds riding on horses backs (without saddles).  

One person figured the indiscretion might be the deer with its derriere aimed at the camera. 

Whatever it was, I still haven't figured it out, but I did figure out later how to post my blog. 

I completely redid it in a new post, exactly as is, and deleted the earlier one.  That seemed to work. 

The world in which we live is filled with reasons to be offended, and maybe most of us are not privy to ALL the reasons to be offended. 

My friend Connie facetiously suggested it was all those pictures of animals and flowers and that I needed to rein myself in.

I'll just keep with the same guidelines I always follow and hope that it's another 18 years before the blogger Nazis come after me again. 

In other news, there really isn't any news when the sun keeps shining, the birds sing all day, the garden grows, the flowers keep blooming and our animals make us happy. 

Basically, everything is beautiful once again today. 

So, let's just say on this Monday morning.  No news is good news, as long as the blogger Nazis go pick on someone else for offensive material. 

Happy Monday, and again, thanks for your patience.  

















No comments: