Friday, April 05, 2024

Flowers, Fragrances and Wisdom

 





I enjoyed another walk through The Flower Farm greenhouses at the east end of Selle Road yesterday.

Of course, I couldn't resist taking a few photos, including some of Akasha Reiner's lavender spray and essential oil display. 

More will come when Akasha and I do some more talking, but for now, I want to note that her products are for sale at The Flower Farm. 

The oils and sprays come from a lavender garden which she maintains on Forest Siding Road. 

Akasha, a familiar face at The Flower Farm for a number of years, told me a year or two ago about how her lavender spray helps her have better dreams. 

At that moment, a lightbulb flashed on in this head that encounters perennial sleep problems. 

So, I decided to try spraying my pillow area with some lavender I'd had around the house for a number of years. 

It works.  

Ever since that "aha" moment, I've sprayed every night and even whenever I wake up in the night.  

It works, at least for me.

My lavender goes with me when I travel, and it's a rare night that I don't fall off into a comfortable slumber. 

So, if you're a chronic insomniac,  check it out. 







Why not two "Lily's"?  Since my Lily horse is home, I'm taking more horse pictures. 

And, the Easter lily Bill gave me has a story.  

First, it's the same lily I used for my Easter blog post.  

I went to Yoke's to get a picture of a lily. 

Later, that afternoon, Bill brought home a lily---same one I had photographed at Yoke's. 

This lily is definitely the gift that keeps on giving.  

Only at night, but every night this week, the plant must suddenly exhale. 

The most wonderful fragrance spreads around the house.

Love it!






I read an important and inspiring story in this morning's paper, regarding the racial slur incident a couple of weeks ago involving the University of Utah women's basketball team. 

Both the Coeur d'Alene and Nez Perce tribes were represented in yesterday's "Shawls for Solidarity" walk in Coeur d'Alene. 

There's wisdom, thoughtfulness and respect that we can all learn from in their approach to this incident.

Great story, Bill Buley. 

Let's hope their example has some positive impact. 



Photo by Bill Buley, Coeur d'Alene Press






The buds are about to burst all over at our Lovestead.  

We have entered the spring "coming alive" show, and it's getting prettier by the day. 




No comments: