Tuesday, April 09, 2024

Tuesday Mutterings




April showers overnight have provided another wash and another dimension to the green grass.

It's also added to the mud in the barnyard. This is when I feel sorry for the horses. 

The pastures are too soft and the grass needs to grow so they have to slog through the mud until we get a good dry-out. 

The rain also provides an artistic and lovely touch to much of the young growth in flower beds and around the yard. 

I can finally say with certainty that we're done watching basketball around this household. 

I'm pretty sure there aren't any more games.  

Now we'll count the days until it starts all over again.  This season provided abundant entertainment, and I can't wait to say "GO, ZAGS" again. 

For now, we'll probably be spending more and more time outside. 

I was a bit jealous watching all the footage of people watching yesterday's eclipse.  Got the feeling it was a truly emotional experience for most spectators. 

After Foster's beauty parlor appointment, I did some outdoor work and then took the dogs and my camera for an afternoon spin around the countryside. 

Yesterday's route took me to North Center Valley Road where I planned to turn right on to Colburn Culver. 

As I looked ahead, I wondered why the car in front of me was not moving. 

It was parked at the intersection at an odd angle. 

As I drove closer to the car, I saw a gentleman to my left with a black jacket and snow white hair walking on the road toward the parked car. 

He was holding a camera with a telephoto lens.

Immediately, I felt a sense of comfort.  YAY, another human was out driving around looking for fun pictures.

As he walked closer and waved, I snapped a quick photo, which I later saw was slightly out of focus.


 Don Fisher, photographer extraordinaire 


Such a thing to do to another photographer!   

It didn't take long for our conversation to take off with, of course, a focus on photography.  

Soon into the conversation, I learned and immediately recognized my new friend's name:  Don Fisher. 

I've seen that name on numerous stunning scenic images over the past few years. 

Don was a bit disappointed that I had not yet seen his exhibit at Tango Cafe.  

Don, it's on the list of "to do's."

For now, I've already spent some time at his website, and if you want to view a glorious photography show, click on the link.  


https://donfisherimages.com/

📷📷📷📷📷📷


In other news, area locals with pets, be sure to check out the link below which provides some information about Dr. Michelle Ward and the pet urgent care clinic she opened just north of Co-Op Country Store in Ponderay last month. 

https://bonnercountydailybee.com/news/2024/apr/09/family-pet-urgent-care-opens-in-ponderay/

The clinic has been a dream of Michelle's for a long time, and now she's living the dream---to pet owners' benefit. 













No comments: