Monday, April 08, 2024

Weekend Wrap




 So, a portion of the country is going to witness an eclipse today. 

They say we, here in the Northwest, might be able to observe some of the residual aspects. 

I'll be happy regardless of what we experience because some clever genius with a package of "sun, moon and earth" Oreos has already provided a perfect visual for understanding what happens. 

At least, I think it's a pretty good simulation. 

I remember a bit about the last eclipse which was seen in the Western United States in 2017.

I think I was standing on a ladder picking plums when a level of darkness became apparent.  

It was kinda eery, to say the least, but no need to come down off the ladder. 

Anywho, we are not going to get the full show here. Plus, I think I'll be at the Pooch Parlor with Foster when the height of today's eclipse happens. 

Little Mister Foster, who couldn't see the sun even if he looked directly at it due to his blindness, will be getting the full beauty parlor treatment---bath, nails clipped, grooming, etc. 

His best human friend in the world is coming home to visit for a few days on Thursday.  

Don't tell Foster.  

It's always a pleasant surprise for him when he hears Annie walking into the house. 

I thought it would be neat for him to look his best for her visit. 

It's looking like a beautiful day after a so-so weekend so I'm hoping to finish some more yard work and continue my slow process of cleaning up my garden plot. 

We finished up the week-long birthday run after the Women's National Championship basketball game by going over to Laurie and Barbara's house and enjoying brownies and Klondike bars, along with some visiting.   

Willie and Debbie had returned from their Spring Break trip to the Oregon Coast.  They brought along some goodies for us from the Tillamook Cheese factory.   




Miss Callie enjoyed having us for company at her house yesterday. 


Madame Bridie is ready to go, always!



The first hyacinth.  

So far, it has survived the deer, which is not the case with my usually beautiful patch of periwinkle.  

They've done a number on it, reducing it to a bunch of bare stems. First time they've ever attacked the periwinkle. 


Our squirrel population seems to have grown over the winter.  It's a rare time when I don't see a squirrel outside one of the windows. 




Say, "Cheese." 

Cheesy, I know, but some of that stuff in the photo tastes good.
 



I still have lots of fence to paint, but some of the pleasant spring days have gotten me off to a good start. 



Where our existence in this community all began on Christmas night, 1945 when my mother, my brother Mike and Peggy, the English Setter, stepped off the train from Chicago. 



When I stopped by The Flower Farm on a rainy Saturday afternoon, this group from the National Ladies Homestead Gathering was taking a tour. 


The group had initially met earlier in the day in a barn a couple of miles down the road in Selle proper.  







No comments: