This little one spends almost as much time around our home as we do.
Little Bambi knows right where the berries on the bushes are.
I haven't been able to convince it to come over to me for a little loving.
It's raining out there this morning, and the bush at the fence line for the Meserve Preserve offered a rather bucolic, peaceful scene.
It's a soft rain and with relative warmth, I found it pleasant for my walk with Bridie through the woods.
Yesterday's sunshine could have put a damper on my rainy-day projects, but I decided to do them anyway.
Bill went to Grouse Creek to gather wood, so the dogs and I stayed home all day.
One project led to another.
The only problem: it's a rainy day, and I've done most of my planned projects.
That's okay cuz I like having an empty schedule every once in a while.
Plus, Netflix, thanks to Annie, is always there for us to enjoy.
CB's knee puncture is looking much better each day.
He had to have two antibiotics shots, and since the vets figure the best place for the shots is in the chest muscles, hematomas can form.
So, CB suddenly developed quite the bosoms. It's been uncomfortable for him, but this morning it looks like the hematoma is decreasing in size.
He's been a good patient through it all.
I'm relieved to see the progress.
I've also tried to get the resident crows to be friends, but they keep their distance.
The best show we have as we look out the new garden window happens when five or six crows and five or six squirrels get into tussles near the feeders and start chasing each other around the yard.
It's hard to know the exact population because the action is fast as squirrels scurry and crows dive bomb.
It's hilarious.
When I saw this video, felt the goosebumps from its pure beauty and dropped a tear or two, I wanted to share.
So, here it is: Jennifer Nettles singing "Go Rest High on That Mountain" at the 25th Anniversary ceremony honoring those lost in 9-11.
Yesterday's harvest from the garden.
Several times the deer have jumped inside my garden west of the barn and eaten most of the bean blossoms from my second crop of beans, but I still managed to pick the above yesterday.
The carrots also went into the saucepan with the beans, allowing us a yum yum vegetable side for last night's dinner.
We've actually enjoyed lots of tasty items from this year's gardens.
It's time, however, to take down the temporary fence next to the barn and let the deer and other hungry mouths feed on the leftovers.
Guess that's all on this rainy, quiet day.
Happy Sunday.


















No comments:
Post a Comment