Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Squirrels and Marie Osmond's girdle



More and more, as spring rolls on, our two pups' daily routines change. Coffee container chases, squirrel watches and horse vigilance keep their day both varied and busy.

This morning a squirrel dared to enter the poplar tree, probably fully aware that the dogs had their eyes glued to the horses. When Bill decided to go for his usual morning stroll to the woods, however, the squirrel was outed, and the horses got some relief.

Since this photo was taken, Kea has been multi-tasking between the barnyard corral and the tree. Apparently, Kiwi issued orders that her lieutenant should cover both bases while she, the colonel, made sure that Lily had no opportunities to sneak a spear of lawn grass from beneath the fence.

Coffee cans will have to wait today as more important animal matters are ruling the agenda.

~~~~~~

Now, I've got to talk about Marie Osmond's girdle. I read this morning that, at 50, she's doing well with multi-tasking, just like Kea. Marie has no squirrel watches on her agenda, but she does have a new talk show, a Las Vegas act with her brother and a new book---that talks about GIRDLES, no less.

I'm gonna have to check to see if she got any ideas from my Pocket Girdles and decided to clean up the girdle image from what I portrayed while recounting my seventh-grade "ditch-the-girdle-daily" story.

According to the story in this morning's newspaper, Marie claims she "liked" her girdle. Of course, she's 50, and I'm almost 62. Half a generation between us, and when you think of how much computers have improved in 12 years, I guess a girdle could too.

Still, I've never met a soul yet who's made such a public pronouncement regarding an affinity with girdles. If anyone knows Marie, please tell her to get in touch with me. I'd like to get a spot on her new talk show where we thoroughly examine this the why's and wherefores of liking or detesting girdles.

Seems like it could promote a lively discussion. By the way, Sharon, I know you'd be on my side. Thanks for your note yesterday about YOUR insidious girdle.

I know I'm among friends in the undergarment assessment department.

~~~~~~

Girdles and squirrels aside, this is Earth Day, and I hope everyone celebrates it in a meaningful way, even if it's to pick up a clod of Earth and disorder the mind of a Border Collie bent on catching a squirrel.

Happy Earth Day to all.


1 comment:

Sharon said...

How went the shoeing of the horses yesterday? Not being familiar with such things, I looked it up on YouTube and saw a couple videos of how it is done. Looks like it would take all morning to do 3 horses.